Monday, June 27, 2016

Peplums


I'm a fan of peplum style tops and dresses.  This style has had a bit of a revival over the past few seasons, especially this summer.  For me it's a classic!  Here are three versions I have worn recently.

 Peplum blouse, with 3-D flowers, with a mixed print skirt

Strappy shoes and summery silver accessories


Ruffled peplum blouse in an abstract print, with a pleated midi skirt

Shoes and belt to match

with a vintage white beaded clutch, from the 50's


Lace overlay peplum top with a black pencil skirt

a ruffled bag

and a bright pink polka dot scarf, to add interest

Although I'm not a master layer-er, I have tried this style under a shorter layer, like a cropped jacket.  It has lots of possibilities for mixing!

Linking up with Patti at Not Dead Yet 




3 comments:

  1. Lovely looks - my favorite is the last one with the delightful polka dot scarf. Thanks for linking, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    The three-D flower peplum is really nice! I also like the matched pen skirt ... you look elegant !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like peplum tops however, I only own one.
    For some reason when the trend had its revival I said to myself that all I needed was one... its kind of odd I followed my own advise.

    ReplyDelete