Monday, July 11, 2016

Back to the 70's

This week I decided to feature three outfits with a  retro feel. 

The resurgence of the liberal use of embroidery and fringe,  reminds me of  70's fashion, so I created these outfits with a nod to that decade in mind. 


  Floral prints are pretty much omnipresent, especially in the spring and summer. This dress, with the other-worldly wild floral print gives it a 70's feel, I think.

And what screams the 70's more than turquoise suede platforms!



  Ethnic looks were big in 70's fashion, too.  This blue top, embroidered in white, makes me think of exotic destinations, far away.  I paired it with a denim button front skirt. Denim was a staple in the 70's, and is still loved today. 

A rainbow striped straw bag with DIY tassel, a brass cuff

and lace up sandals with a braided leather belt take this look further into the 70's.


Brightly colored batiks and flowing peasant dresses, skirts and tops were also big in the 70's, and are trending again, now.

Batik topper with denim 


chunky metal jewelry, with a hand made look

and  platforms with a fringed bag.

The box bag in the first outfit is true vintage, but from another decade, the 50's.  Although I love the real thing, the fringed bag is the only piece in this post that is actually from the 70's.  
Happy mixing!

Linking up with Patti, at Not Dead Yet

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those turquoise platforms have it all going on - I love these retro, yet modern looks. Thanks for sharing, xo

    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wood box bag... I don't know what to call it but it's my fave piece !

    ReplyDelete