Thursday, July 21, 2016

This stuff has to go


I have been sorting through my closet(s), and through some boxes, over the past few weeks.
 Little by little I am culling some things that I no longer wear.  I become attached to my clothes, and find it hard to let go! I always think about the possibilities for refreshing them first, by mixing the old with the new, but sometimes it's time to give someone else a chance to create something new. 
These are some of the things I am ousting.

I resurrected this pullover early this spring, and wore it once this season, because of the trending
rose quartz and peach echo colors in it.  I think I am ready to let it go to a new home, now.

I also wore this jacket this spring, but as much as I like it, it has become wonky in shape, so goodbye.

These two print blouses are always passed up, but deserve one more try.  (They are on probation.) 


It's been two summers since I wore this. I think it's the color and in-between length that moved it to the back of the closet. Difficult for me to style, so good-bye.

Wore and wore this, and definitely got my money's worth.  Thinking about the cost per wear, I'm sure it's down to pennies.  Now I'm just tired of the print.

This one was east, it's just too big.

I thrifted this, and have worn it a few times, but I really don't like the print, anymore.

Wore this dress that I bought on consignment to an event, but it's not a good style for me.
  It would be dynamite on the right person!

Clings, so bye.

I think I'm going to try cutting this maxi into a skirt.


I went through a drawer of  knit tops, too.
If you haven't tried this way of folding knits, yet, I recommend it.  You can see what you have much more easily, and I am so surprised at how much less space this way of folding takes up!





Going, it's too big.

Tired of the pearl neckline.

Again, the pearls.

And the embellishments.


Why don't I wear this grey tee?  I like the leather trim.  I'll give it one more chance.



 I feel pretty good about starting this project, and plan to slowly and thoughtfully, go through all of my clothes, little by little.  I think I will wait a week, before donating them,though, just in case I have a change of heart on anything!  



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think you did an amazing job in editing the closet, 15 items is really good.
    I think I would have gotten rid of everything here too, except for the off white sleeveless top. Oh ! and I had that same floral Old Navy top :)

    ReplyDelete