Monday, August 8, 2016

Chambray dress three ways

I love chambray, and I love a dress, especially in summer.  I thought this dress would be a cinch to style.  Although I've reached for it throughout the season, I actually found it a little harder to work with than I thought it would be.  

First, my super summery go to:  red, white and blue

with espadrilles and a flower print bag.


Next, with a floral blouse over it

and navy blue and silver tone accessories
    
 
Lastly, with a fringed crochet topper,
         
And tan super comfy cork wedges, an orange color block clutch

with silver tone jewelry

It's funny how things I buy with great expectations sometimes are limited, and other pieces that I think will have limited wear, wind up being wardrobe workhorses. I still have a lot to learn!

Linking up with Not Dead Yet Style

4 comments:

  1. Great versatile dress! Love it with the crochet topper. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the second look where you styled it as a skirt - genius :)
    Yep, I totally relate to this, sometimes its the pieces we least expect that we wear the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellooooo, fellow thrifter! :)
    What a great chambray dress. I love seeing how you style a piece in different ways to make multiple outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red touches in the first outfit are perfect! I would love for you to link this post to my weekly fashion blogger link up if you get a chance. http://sydneyfashionhunter.com/2016/08/navy-striped-cutout-top.html

    ReplyDelete