Monday, August 22, 2016

Culottes

Culottes.  What a funny word.  I've also heard them called Gauchos, which is equally funny.
  Urban Gauchos?

All sorts of ankle baring crops are being experimented with in fashion, now.  There are so many  looks to choose from! Wide leg culottes and split skirts, narrow above the ankle cropped pants and kick flares.  There are a lot of shapes and silhouettes, currently.  I decided to give culottes a try.

A navy pair, with a lace peplum top

and red accents, with navy platform wedges.

I chose summery silver tone jewelry.  The earrings are 50's vintage.

A variation on the theme-a jumpsuit with wide cropped legs

with a neutral bag and sandals, and starfish bracelet.

Lastly,  dark wash denim culottes with a violet blouse, tucked in. 

with silver tone jewelry.

I like the ease of culottes, but they are a bit of a challenge to style.

Linking up with Patti at Not Dead Yet Style Yeah, I’m Sparkly: Visible Monday

       





2 comments:

  1. All great styles for you, Di! I love, love that red purse too. Thanks for linking, xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Culottes is even funnier in Spanish as "culo" actually means ass !
    Ha ! -I think you wear them really nice.

    ReplyDelete