Monday, October 3, 2016

Deco era inspiration

For several seasons now, I have noticed an Art Deco era influence in fashion.
 It has been very evident in jewelry, with ornate dangling styles of earrings, and in the use of design motifs like starbursts, sunbursts and bold triangular shapes.
  The 20's influence has also been evident in some prints on clothing and in the dropped waist style and loose silouhettes. 
  

I like the stylized sunburst print on this colorful blouse, always love a geometric print!
 Worn with a dark red jersey skirt, 

 a 50's vintage embossed box bag (borrowed from a completely different decade),
and earrings in a starburst design. 

I choose a woven belt and two tone, low heel sling back shoes.
  The Mary Jane style is also a 20's throwback.


Here's an all out, all over deco print!
I thrifted this one piece jumpsuit this Summer, and although it's not something I normally wear,
 I thought I'd give it a try.  It has been fun to wear, for a change.

Strappy shoes and a bold cuff bracelet to finish.


A much more subtle triangular print blouse under a sleeveless dress.

  Paired with mule booties, to bring it into the present!


Linking up with Not Dead Yet Visible Monday  














3 comments:

  1. Love these deco prints - and your lovely always-changing plants! Thanks for linking, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see burgundy making its way into your fall looks and I have to say that the jumper looks fabulous, FABULOUS on you - you wear it beautifully !!!

    ReplyDelete