Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving dinner table plan


With Thanksgiving fast approaching,
it seems like a good idea to make sure I have everything I need to set a pretty table for the holiday.

Holiday planning has a way of sneaking up on me.
Time seems to speed up at the end of the year, with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas following in quick succession.

I think I know what I'm going to do... it's all in my mind, that is.
  I am usually surprised when something doesn't work out quite like it did in my head.

This year, I decided to do a trial run.
  Sure enough, part of the table setting had disappeared into my husband's lunch bag, never to return.
What a surprise to notice I only have three salad forks left!

Also, I broke a serving bowl since it's last holiday use. 
 It smashed to bits when dropped on the quartz countertop.
 Note to self: quartz is particularly unyielding.

All in all, things are running fairly smoothly, really!  

Sunday lunch table

and an alternate

Pretty Thanksgiving bouquet.  Thanks, sweetheart!

Centerpiece with vintage hand sewn fabric leaves.  So cute!

 Now I can confidently move on to planning the meal.
I hope these are going to taste as good as they look, so colorful!


Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!



1 comment:

  1. Have a marvellous holiday ! and your table looks so happy and bright.

    ReplyDelete