Sunday, November 6, 2016

Pleats, please



Pleats come in many widths and are found on all types of garments and accessories. 
I like that they add interest, texture, and volume to a piece.
This season I've seen a lot of pleats, especially knife pleats and micro pleating, so there is a lot
 to choose from! 

This multi colored dress has a lot going on, as it is a floral print as well as being knife pleated
To break up the busy print, I wore a solid cobalt cardigan over it

with basic black accessories


This combination blouse and sweater vest has a pleated hem and a tie neck
I wore it with a black and ivory woven stripe straight skirt

with tan suede ankle straps and a two toned clutch
Classic pearl earrings, and a silver tone knot bracelet finish the look


This teal knife pleated dress has been in my wardrobe for five plus years, and I always love to wear it
Today, I paired it with a black and white medallion print blouse 

with low heel strappy black heels by Franco Sarto.  These must be very popular because I bought them last Fall, and I noticed they are back in stock this Fall at DSW
Worn with a slim black belt and vintage silver tone earrings

How do you like your pleats?

1 comment:

  1. That's a good question - I never imagined there were so many types of pleats. In fact little did I know some were referred to as "knife pleats" I learned something new.
    In my case I have a knife pleat skirt that I have not worn in a while, in fact I dont think it fits... oh and I love that shirt with the pleated bottom : beautiful !

    ReplyDelete