Monday, November 28, 2016

Scarves

I'm a fan of scarves.
  A scarf is one little accessory that can really elevate a basic look.

The oblong scarf I'm wearing in this first photo is one of my favorites, as it was given to me by my grandmother.  I remember her wearing it with such panache!
The rest of the outfit is a basic navy shift dress, over a salmon color blouse.

A chain strap navy blue quilted bag,

and a rusty brown belt, with vintage Bass suede lace ups to finish.


For this outfit, a polka dot extra long, skinny scarf, tied loosely in a half bow, is the main attraction.
Wearing the same blouse as above with soft grey cropped trousers.

When I bought this scarf, I envisioned wearing it around my head,
 with the long ends trailing down my back.
 I must have been feeling in a very dramatic mood! ( I may try it another time)
Also wearing a modern design silver tone bracelet, and

carrying a 60's vintage handle bag. The tassel is a DIY project.


Lastly, this blue print scarf is tied in a loose bow, off to one side.  I have it pinned to the blouse, 
so it doesn't ride around, and I don't have to fuss with it.
Worn with an ivory short bell sleeve blouse, and a flared navy blue skirt.

The scarf is an abstract print that ties the colors of the outfit together.
Accessorized with an Oyster colored belt and silver tone open design cuff bracelet.

Ankle tie low heeled pumps and a vintage 1960's embossed clutch to finish the outfit.

There are many more ways to accessorize an outfit with a scarf, these are just a few.
 I will be wearing some of my larger and heavier weight options for the colder months, to come!


Linking up with Patti at  Visible Monday 



2 comments:

  1. These accessories are so wonderful! I love your grandmother's scarf. thanks so much for linking! xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that scarf was your grandmothers ! those are my fave items.
    I loved your vintage hand bag worn with the polka dot scarf, which btw you can also wrap around the bag's handle.

    ReplyDelete