Thursday, December 1, 2016

A before and after, and it's my birthday!

Today, I would like to share a before and after picture of a skirt I recently thrifted.
I thought you might like to see this transformation, since it is one that turned out really well!


I bought this skirt for $4.85 at Goodwill.  As you can see, it is a wrinkled mess! 
 Normally, I would pass on something like this, since sometimes the wrinkles are in to stay.

But I liked it and it fit well, so I decided to take it home.

 When I checked the tags, I saw that it was originally from H&M, and the fabric is 100% silk. 
   At home I hand washed it and turned the steamer on it.  I have had mostly good luck steaming wrinkled clothing made of silk, wool, rayon and various blends.  I have not been so lucky trying to resuscitate items with a high polyester content, especially older items.
  Those wrinkles seem to be in to stay.

So, here is how the skirt turned out.  Pretty well, I think !

So, here I am wearing it with an ivory lace trimmed and pin tucked blouse.

Accessorized with a pink scallop trimmed clutch, rhinestone jewelry,

and pink lace up heels.  On this first wear, the outfit turned out very girlie.

It has such a festive look, I decided to wear it today on my birthday.

Birthday cake my sweet husband made for me-
 thanks, dear!

1 comment:

  1. I think WOW still falls short ... FABULOUS might fit the bill !!!
    It turned out amazing and fits you beautifully, what a great find.
    You're looking beautiful: happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete