Monday, December 12, 2016

Red dress 3 ways


'Tis the season for red!
I like to wear red anyway, but around the Christmas holidays, I bring it out in full force!
This red and black color block shift dress is a great building block for this time of year.

First, I'm wearing it with a semi-sheer black blouse underneath,

wide strap low heels, and a DVF dotted vinyl clutch.

A modern design silver tone pendant and stud earrings for jewelry.


This time, I chose a woven black and white striped jacket
 that I thrifted last year to layer over the dress.

 The accessories are in different textures in black:
A shiny patent clutch and pebble grain belt,

and faux suede block heel lace ups to finish the outfit.


Here, a long grey ribbed cardigan that is a basic I have had in my wardrobe for five years,
changes up the look.  

Worn with my 60's vintage handle bag, and the same shoes from the first outfit.
DIY horse head pendent, and silver tone knot bracelet finish the look.


 Of course, red is like camouflage in the current Christmas environment!





Friendly? I hope! Funny blow up Christmas yard decoration

Happy holidays!

Linking up to Visible Monday 




3 comments:

  1. You really do a good job at layering, I should get all my reds out !
    And that DVF clutch is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this red dress and all the ways you've styled it. And those lace-up shoes are fab too! Thanks for linking, xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're seeing many red dresses right now but yours has real stand out. I love the shoes too, both pairs!

    Gail
    www.isthismutton.com

    ReplyDelete