Monday, January 2, 2017

Faux leather


A very Happy New Year to all who celebrate!

I thought I'd start the first post of the New Year with something relatively new to my wardrobe,
and that is faux leather.

New technologies have brought the possibility for much more variety in faux leather, than in the past. Different colors, textures, and thicknesses, as well is laser cutting techniques
 give the designers lots of options.

First up, is a black faux leather full midi skirt. 
 I paired it with a top that looks vaguely like an animal print.

Worn with matte black cross strap heels, and a red square quilted convertible clutch.

A black tie leather belt, tubular rose gold necklace
 and slim geometric shaped bracelets complete the outfit.


Here's another faux leather skirt, this one in a pencil cut, dyed olive green.
I wore it with a black and white textured weave V neck sweater.

The olive belt has been in my closet for years, and retrieved from the give away box several times. I'm glad I saved it!  Distresses linked metal circles necklace, and black suede tie heel to finish.

Lastly, is this burgundy faux leather dress, in a classic shape.  
Honestly, wearing it all day, it felt stiff and confining, and wasn't very comfortable.

I wore it with a houndstooth plaid bag, and low pointed toe loafers,

with these two pieces of gold tone jewelry in geometric forms.

Linking up with Visible Monday   

2 comments:

  1. All great looks, and I esp like the olive pencil skirt. Thank you for letting us know that wearing your leather dress was not comfortable for all-day, that's good info! Happy new year, xox

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow such great faux leather garments. While I cannot pick a favourite, the shade of green in that skirt is just amazing.
    HNY ;)

    ReplyDelete