Monday, January 23, 2017

In-vested


Whether short, long, or somewhere in between, a vest is a great layering piece. 
 I like to wear a vest over a dress to add variety to a dress that I usually wear on it's own. 
As a third piece with separates, a vest can add polish, and a whole new realm of mix and match possibilities.

For the first outfit, I added a vest I have had for several years,
over a dress that I usually wear on it's own.  

Cross strap heels, a bronze reticulated butterfly necklace, and metallic bronze clutch, to accessorize.

This casual jersey hooded dress, I generally don't layer, either.
The denim vest helps make more of a finished looking outfit of it.

Worn with brown booties with strap detail, a quilted denim clutch to tie in with the vest
and a modern gold tone collar style necklace.

A workwear outfit, with a long sleeveless vest instead of a jacket or cardigan.
Worn over a blush bow blouse, and a basic black pencil skirt.

A 1940's vintage feather plume brooch decorates the vest.

Same shoes as the first outfit, black leather belt, and metallic quilted bag.

Linking up with Patti at  Visible Monday 


2 comments:

  1. Great looks and all so different from one another - a vest is a fantastic finisher! I really like the denim vest over the jersey dress. thanks for linking, xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vests but have a hard time styling them. I have given most of the ones I had and am only left with two: grey long and black short.
    I really like that last look, you're dashing in the pinks and greys.

    ReplyDelete