Monday, January 9, 2017

Mad for Plaid


Plaid is a classic pattern that never goes out of style.
 From time to time, it rises to the fashion forefront in fresh, new variations,
 and this winter has been big for plaid.   
There are so many variations, it is mind boggling!
  From tiny to oversize, and in the most creative combinations of colors.

Here's my take on plaid so far, this season.

Windowpane plaid wool dress,
with a ribbed knit, ruffled shoulder top underneath.

I perked up the muted gray jumper with a red vintage top handle bag, 
and a favorite piece of vintage jewelry, an enamel red apple pendant necklace.


This bold plaid flaired skirt has been in my closet for a number of seasons.
Worn here with an ivory lace up blouse, to lighten the palette.

I decided to give the outfit new twist with a  western belt, and suede knee high boots.

Simple distressed silver tone jewelry,
and a vintage embossed clutch finish the look.
I'm pretty proud of myself for working my much loved vintage accessories into both of these outfits! 

Lastly, a casual outfit.  A black and white plaid blouse 
with rust colored skinny cords

Suede chunky heeled mules, a faux fur bag,
and sculptural gold tone jewelry, and I'm good to go!

Linking up with Visible Monday 


2 comments:

  1. All great - I really like the full skirt! Thanks for linking up, xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great options, I am a fan of plaid too. For me there are certain prints that stay regardless they are on the front or last row of fashion trends.
    That first dress is beautiful and I like the edgy look with the ruffle top, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete