Monday, January 16, 2017

Tan, or lack thereof


Tan is not a neutral that I usually gravitate toward, so I thought I'd challenge myself to come up with three outfits, using tan pieces that are languishing in my closet.

First, I tried a totally neutral outfit.  I paired a tan ultra suede basic A-line skirt that I rarely wear, with an ivory pleated hem blouse and beige sweater vest combination.

I wore this with shoes and a bag of two different tones of embossed brown.
It sounds a lot more odd than it looked!

Next, a rarely wore tan blazer, over a leopard print sheath dress.
Not sure about this blazer.  Maybe I'll give it one more try with a spring look.

Burgundy booties and a black chain strap bag, to finish.
A bold buckle motif cuff bracelet seemed right to play off the gold tone hardware on the bag.

Another tan skirt that doesn't get much love.
Paired with a wine tie neck blouse, and a checked blazer.

I wore rusty brown suede lace ups, with a tan mini saddle bag and classic 
gold tone jewelry with this outfit.

This is the time of year when I start to notice which garments are the favorites I reach for,
 and which ones are getting pushed further to the back of the closet.
It's a good time to analyze those pieces, and think of how to make them work better in my wardrobe,
or if it's time to pass them on!


Linking up with  Visible Monday  








2 comments:

  1. Tan and burgundy are marvelous together, as well as the animal print! Thanks so much for linking up, xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great plan - move away from your comfortable tones and on top wear the items that you're not going for.
    I think the tan blazer would look fab with a pink top and a pair of white shorts for spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete