Thursday, February 23, 2017

Closet edit


This is a bit of a mish-mash of clothing I am evicting from my closet.
  It's that time of year when I look at the garments that have not been worn this season
 or have only been worn once, in an effort to decide if they should stay or go.
  Here's what I've decided to purge, for now.

Michael Kors zebra print drape neck top.
This necklace really doesn't work well for me. 



Bronze metallic skirt that I thrifted two years ago.  I wore it twice,
 one time for the party I had it in mind for, so not too bad.

Silk leaf print skirt. It's hard for me to part with skirts, and I love the tie waist,
 the colors just don't play well with the rest of my wardrobe, and it gets passed over a lot.

I wore this mini dress once with leggings and once with a long topper
 to disguise the fact that it's just too short for me. 
Love the color, but bye-bye.

I've had this dress in my wardrobe for many years, and have gotten a lot of wear from it.
 I'm just tired of it, and draped necklines are challenging for me.

I like the idea of this short sleeve sweater, but jeans are the only thing in my closet
 that it seems to look right with, so it's not likely to get much wear. 
Time to pass it on to someone who loves it.

This is cute, I think, but it hits me at an unflattering length, and looks funny tucked in.

This cropped sweater hits me at the wrong place, too.
  It would be great on someone who is longer waisted.

Another sweater I have only worn a couple of times in 4 or 5 years. 
 It looks good on the hanger, but is just not right for my body.

I have another red vest in a more feminine cut, so I don't need two.

That's it for now. 
Thank you Lorena, for your inspiration to help me keep going on the continuing
project of closet editing!


1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you for the shout out, its flattering to make a positive impact.
    Although I think these pieces have a lot more wear to give, if they are not working for you, the best is to let go. Letting go gives you a sense of accomplishment that only keeps you wanting to edit more.
    It's taken me years but now I stop to think before buying, although the process is still not perfect, as I do impulse shopping sometimes it has gotten MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete