Monday, March 6, 2017

Monochrome dressing



Wearing an outfit of a single color is not something I do very often,
and can be a challenge for me.

Here are three outfits with the clothing in one color,
although there is color in the accessories.
Using different textures and shades of a single color keeps it interesting.


An ivory brocade shift dress under an ivory ruffled peplum jacket.

I used pastel hues for the accessories.
Pale pink suede lace up heels, a light blue mini bag and a
 light blue and ivory scarf.  A favorite silver tone bracelet completes the outfit. 

I mixed two shades of grey in this outfit from the winter.
A light grey rib knit sweater with shoulder ruffles to make it special.
Paired with a darker grey taffeta shirt.

This may be a better example of my love of red accessories,
my favorite pop of color!  The necklace is 50's vintage, and
  the glam cuff bracelet is from a Kim  Kardashian collection from five years ago.

Red bow ankle straps, and a red patent clutch, to finish.

Lastly, more ivory.  This time, a fuzzy textured tunic sweater, 
and a shimmery champagne micro pleated midi skirt.

Silver tone starfish necklace, and crystal stud earrings.

I kept the accessories neutral, this time,
with tan suede block heal mules, and a tan and distressed silver metallic wide belt.

Linking up with Visible Monday 

2 comments:

  1. You always put together the most lovely outfits! I really like the two shades of gray, with red accents. thanks for linking up, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do monochrome often either. I think I just forget or am too picky and want items to be exactly the same color.
    I like these and in particular the grey look, its outstanding.

    ReplyDelete