Monday, March 13, 2017

Saint Patrick's week green!


On closer inspection, I realize
 these three outfits have a lot more in common than the wearin' of the green!

When putting together this post, I noticed I styled all three outfits with navy blue. 
Also, they all have stripes, from medium to wide to extra wide!

 I built the first outfit around the kelly green cardigan, 
that is layered over a navy and green striped top.
The silver buttons on the skirt give the outfit a bit of a nautical vibe.  Nautical elf?

Cranberry suede booties and clutch box bag add an additional color.
Metal cuff bracelet, and Hematite disc DIY pendant complete the outfit.

I pull out these green ankle crops to wear on St. Patrick's Day,
 just like I bring out my red jeans for Valentine's Day.
  I don't think I've worn either pair of pants all year, except for the holidays!

On top I wore an ivory pullover with ivory and navy wide striped sleeves,
 under a denim vest.

Neutral suede block heeled mules, and a striped handle bag.
I think this attempt looks a little too reminiscent of a referee-
peace keeping elf?

The last outfit has a slightly more subtle nod to St. Pat's Day,
 with a single giant green stripe.
I paired it with a navy blue top, and  dark wash denim skinnies.

More navy blue in the suede booties, and quilted chain strap bag.
Geometric gold tone jewelry to finish.

More green!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone!

And stay safe, since a freak late winter blizzard is headed straight for the east coast!






3 comments:

  1. Green is fabulous with navy! Love the little striped purse. Thanks for linking up, xox

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say "wow" - these are all superb. The matching sleeves and handbag are quite a genius trick . Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Saint Patrick's to you as well. I really like your outfits especially the large striped, sweater and the black pants and top. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete