Monday, April 24, 2017

Ring my bell


This season, their is a huge emphasis on sleeve treatments of all types,
 and the creative variations just keep coming!
For today's post, I decided to show three outfits with tops that have the popular bell sleeve.  

The blouse in the first outfit has bracelet length bell sleeves.
This style works pretty well for me, proportionally and functionally.  You probably know where I'm going with this.  A lot of the current sleeves seem to be strictly about the beauty of them, as doing anything with your arms and hands becomes quite out of the question without dragging the sleeve through everything you touch!

I wore this eclectic floral print in peach, red and olive with an olive linen pencil skirt,

and pale blush tie pumps with a scalloped blush convertible clutch.
 I have turned to these two versatile accessories many times over the past two years. 

A neutral belt and red swallow earrings finish the look.

This take on the basic white shirt, has long bell sleeves and was a little problematic for me.
I ended up pushing the draw string bows at the elbows further up my arms
 to keep the sleeves out of my way.
I like the top, though, so I think I might cut the sleeves to 3/4 length.
Worn with a white and multi print pencil skirt. 

DIY beaded necklace, gold tone and black enamel bracelet and black patent leather clutch.
Black strappy heels to finish.

The sleeves on this bold navy and white striped top 
also proved a little problematic for me. 
  By the end of the day, I pushed these sleeves up with rubber bands above the bell cuff.
This kept the sleeves from flopping around my wrists.
Worn with white ankle cropped denim,  

and red sling back flats, and a navy and white striped box clutch. 

My 50's silver tone and red plastic necklace and square silver tone earrings to finish.

I'll continue to experiment with all the wonderful sleeve details of the season,
but I think, as pretty and romantic as they are,
 the long sleeve bell is a no for me and my lifestyle.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I am inspired to buy a blouse like you're wearing in look #2 - so feminine and funky! xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I can totally relate ! as beautiful as they may be, they are quite mischievous little garments. I think your idea of pulling them up with rubber bands is quite genius.
    Oh and I love those red sling backs ! Are they vintage ?

    ReplyDelete