Friday, April 21, 2017

Victoria Beckham for Target, part 1 of 2


 I'm a big fan of Victoria Beckham's clean minimal designs,


  and was very curious to see how her much anticipated collaboration
 with Target would turn out.

 I'm not really one to stand in line before store opening to compete in a crowd
 for the next big thing, but, by happy chance,
  my husband was passing right by a Target early Sunday morning, on the day of the collection's launch. He volunteered to stop in and check it out.  Sweet guy!  He was successful in bringing home four of my favorites chosen earlier from the website.  One of the dresses turned out to be too big, the orange one pictured above, so I got on line and ordered it in a smaller size without any problem.  Since our closest store is a small one,  I also ordered a few things that were not carried there.  I'll show them in a forthcoming blog, since I just received them.

  I am so pleasantly surprised by the collection!  The quality, attention to detail, workmanship and fabrics are all superior for the price point, with most of the misses size clothing running between $26 and $40.  And, of course, I love the designs!

Since this is a one time collaboration and the pieces won't be available again,
 (except maybe on ebay), I got all the pieces I liked, to decide which fit
and would be most versatile in my wardrobe.

  I tried everything on, making outfits of to pieces that fit and a were working best for me.  There is only a two week window to decide and return if they don't fit.  BTW, if you haven't seen the items in person to try them on, they do run a little large, so you may need to size down if you're between sizes.  Also, many of the items are quite short length wise.

First, I tried on the sleeveless orange shift dress
 with the deep flounce and black scalloped bodice.
It fit well, and I like it!  Plus it looks like it will be pretty versatile.
I styled it under a black and white pinstriped short sleeved wrap jacket.


Accessories from my closet include a tan faux woven box clutch,
pearl earrings and a large open design silver tone cuff.

Tan pointed toe D'Orsay pumps to finish.

Here's another possibility for styling this dress, using items already it my closet.

With a black and white floral print 3/4 sleeve blouse under the dress,

and my black the white striped handle bag, gold tone and orange enamel buckle bracelet and flat strappy black sandals.

Even the back has cute details!


Next, I tried the long sleeved bee print shirt.
I love the whimsical print!
There are lots of ways to wear this classic, collarless button front shirt.
I tried the obvious first, black ankle cropped trousers.


The bees are very realistic, depicted flying in all directions.


I accessorized with a bolder print, my DVF circles clutch.
Simple minimal gold tone and black enamel jewelry looked best,

and summery straw block heel sandals.

For another possible outfit, I paired the shirt tucked into a black flounced hem skirt.

Metallic sandals and bag, with a printed scarf tied to the bag to add color. 
And a yellow belt to bring out the yellow in the cute bee print of the shirt. 

I had this outfit in mind for the collection's adorable floral garden print skirt.
A cuffed short sleeve white tie front shirt,


with my yellow 60's vintage handle bag.
Silver tone and black enamel flower earrings and knot bracelet.
Mule sneakers to keep it casual.

I found this skirt to be too short for me,
but it would be great for those of you who can rock a mid thigh length!

All in all a think the collection is a big success.
 I haven't decided which pieces to keep, yet,
it was fun to style them!



1 comment:

  1. I am soooooo envious, but the good one ;)
    Love all the items you picked and styled and am looking forward to seeing the rest.
    The first red and black dress with the scallop detail reminds of Valentino and the bee print shirt I had not seen at all and now I totally want it!

    ReplyDelete