Monday, May 8, 2017

Lace all over the place


Lace is all over my closet, now. 
 I'm thinking back to about five years ago, before the great lace explosion, when my
  very small collection of lace garments stayed in the back of my closet, most of the time.
 They only saw the light of day (or dark of night) for special occasions.

 Today, lace is used in so many ways,
 and on so many types of garments.  For work wear, casual wear, and of course, 
still for formal wear and special occasions.  I am thrilled to see lace all over to place!

A new way to wear lace for me, is as embellishment on this mixed material top
  in combination with a sheer black yolk, pale aqua crepe body, and jersey short sleeves.
 Worn with a tulip hem black skirt,  


black tie heels, that I am just putting away for the spring, (I will miss them),
and a vintage black leather belt with silver tone metal flowers, linked in.

Angel wing earrings and my cherished playful Bassett hounds box bag.

A fancy ivory lace dress, dressed down with a periwinkle blue featherweight cardigan.


Pink in the bag, pink in the shoes, pink in the bracelet!
And a gold tone birds-on-a-wire necklace.

This skirt, from Express, started it's life with me over five years ago,
as a special occasion piece.  Now it gets worn more often.
Worn with a mock neck lace yolk blouse, lace with lace!


Same tie shoes as the first picture, extra long neutral swirly dot scarf,
as a sash belt, and gold tone jewelry to finish.

Thought for the day:
Mother's Day is coming up next Sunday.
A great time to cherish your mother, Mother Earth,
and to nurture and appreciate yourself.

Linking up with  Visible Monday 


2 comments:

  1. I too am tickled by the lace revival. And that basset bag is simply awesome! Thanks for linking up, xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I love all things lace. Maybe its the vintage feel, I don't know but to me its girly and classic and elevates any look automatically.
    Great looks and I love how you always update the plants in the setting :)
    PS I have that bird necklace !

    ReplyDelete