Friday, May 5, 2017

May thrifting trip


I haven't done a thrifting post in a while,
because my local thrift shop has been in a bit of a slump.
After a short hiatus, though, I stopped in today and found some cute items.
I'm so happy to see things circulating, again! 

I like this blue and white gingham tie waist shirt-
bonus points for hitting several trends at once!

Here's a pretty butterfly print tunic. The two layers of sheer fabric add depth.

This looks like it would make a great beach cover up.
I'm always on the look out for soft lightweight tops with long sleeves 
for the beach.

Nice olive and pink floral print tunic, with roll tab sleeves.

 The stripes on this shirt look crisp for the office,
and the embroidery makes it interesting and special. 

This is such a cute print.  Look at those adorable pug faces!

Sunny yellow and white large check gingham shirt.

I love the colors on this light breezy striped scarf.

White eyelet pencil skirt.  So versatile.
  I willed this to fit but it was a little too snug for comfort :(

This trip, there were more dresses than usual to choose from.
This one is so pretty, with an overall print of little red hearts.

Love the overall bird print, on this tie waist shirtdress, too.

More dress love!  Bold navy and red stripes.

A softer, more subtle striped print is good, too.

Another favorite, a floaty geometric deco style print shift of stripes and dots.

Lots of nice possibilities today.

Thought for the day:
Donating and purchasing from thrift and consignment shops 
is a great way to help the environment and save money, too!




2 comments:

  1. OMG you have to tell me what you bought !!!
    I can imagine the bright scarf and the extra large yellow gingham print shirt being worn together.. please tell me you bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things that I bought, I didn't show in this post, but you will be seeing them soon in upcoming posts. The scarf came home with me, but didn't stay long, as I gifted it to a friend who also loved it! The checked shirt was left behind for another fortunate shopper to find!

    ReplyDelete