Monday, June 12, 2017

High/low hemline

High/low hems have been popular for several years now,
and this spring has seen them morph into some really pretty versions
incorporating details from the current season.

This first dress is from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" collection.
It's so fantastically feminine, and definitely has a princess feeling.  In blush pink chiffon,
  with floral sprays, ruffly off the shoulder sleeves, and a cascading two layer high/low skirt.
Perfect to wear as a summer wedding guest. 


Worn with silver ankle strap sandals, pearl earrings, 
and silver tone cuff bracelet and heart necklace.

Another wear of this tiered peach and coral dress I wore for Easter,
with a less dramatic high/low hem.
I toned it down a bit with an ivory elbow sleeve wrap top over it.


Worn with neutral pinkish beige bag,
leather and stone bracelet and gold tone necklace.

Beige low heel sling back pumps to finish the outfit.


This last pale blue floral high/low dress is a closet trade I did with a friend for an event.
I like the dress, but it's a little small on me. It didn't wrap very far over in the front,
so I had to pin  the skirt closed.


Worn with a white and straw clutch, pink leather choker,
and filigree gold and silver bracelet.

Straw ankle strap sandals to finish.


Thought for the Day:

A closet trade is a great way for two friends to try something different,
if you are about the same size.

Also, clothing swaps are a lot of fun if you find one in your area,
 or you may be inspired to organize one!
 I love to hear about, and see how others would style my clothes on themselves.

Linking up with  Visible Monday  

2 comments:

  1. I too like the way this look has morphed - and all three of your examples are terrific. Thanks for linking up! xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that first dress is such a beautiful garment ! and I have to admit I am not a fan of the low/high hem dress, but the flow, print and fit here work so well.
    I would have never known the third dress did not fit, you made it work.
    What is a closet trade ?

    ReplyDelete