Friday, June 23, 2017

June thrift

Summer is here at last, and there are lots of warm weather
possibilities waiting at the thrift shop!

The thrift shop I go to most often is currently in a scramble of reorganization.
Some sections are temporary roped off, while racks are being re-arranged,
but most of the store is functioning, and open.

I spent most of my visit in the dress section.

I love the bold color of this semi fitted shift
which has a very versatile basic shape 

This dress has a 70's esque print and a beachy, summer color scheme

Such a yummy coral color, but what a wrinkly mess!
Linen is a great summer option, but this is probably about what this dress
would look like after a couple of hours on me.  I would go for a linen blend.

Here's some boho goodness in a comfy but shapely maxi dress,
thanks to the wide smocked waist


Not for me, but so cute-love the glittery back straps

This halter dress screams fun in the sun, and would also make a cute swim suit cover-up

Open lace design, with a nude lining, in a pretty, flattering cut


I found some nice possibilities in the tops section, too,
like this ruffled sleeve blouse with a tie neck

Some more ruffles, on a cool semi-sheer blue paisley print

Bell sleeves and peek-a-boo lace from the
clearance rack of the Target up the street, I think

Love this sheer shirt with gold metallic polka dots

Preppy pink plaid (say that three times!)

and nautically inspired stripes

These are the two things I bought:

A pink and black color block top.
(I tried to picture it washed and ironed)
It has a 50's bowling shirt feeling to me,
I can see it paired with lots of things, and it's soft Rayon, so easy to layer. 

Also, this royal blue, long draped shawl collar topper.
It's a jacket style I wouldn't usually choose,
 so buying it at a thrift shop is a good opportunity for me to play with this proportion.

Hope all of your thrifting experiences are good ones,
if you enjoy this type of shopping!




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that last blue piece is amazing and the white ruffle top without sleeves I would have bought. My last thrift included a Celine leather vintage belt and a black Leith sweater.

    ReplyDelete