Thursday, June 1, 2017

Making off the shoulder work for work



The off shoulder look is a super hot trend this season!

It's such a great breezy look for spring and summer, with a festive vacation vibe. 
 I see it on the streets, worn casually, as well as dressed up for day and evening. 
  I love that it can easily be worn by women of all ages.
I am finding it has some limitations in my wardrobe, but I'm trying to working it in!

  I've heard a lot of discussion about the appropriateness of this style,
 and the cold shoulder trend for the office. For me, the best way to get the most milage out of these  pieces is to layer them under a jacket or sweater for work. It can be a little tricky, and some styles and fabrics work better than others, since many of these styles also have voluminous sleeves.
Here's my first try at making an off shoulder
   3/4 sleeve pretty floral print blouse work for the office.

I love this blouse for day or evening.
  For the office, I layer it under a jacket.


Since the fabric is soft and silky, it worked out ok.


The stuff:
Pink ring handle bag a blingy cuff bracelet and pearl earrings


with neutral ankle strap wedges.


The following cold shoulder and off shoulder blouses
 are very versatile pieces.

This pink collared shirting blouse can be worn with the ruffle across your shoulders,
 or put on with the ruffle under your arms.  


This one works off  shoulder, or pulled up as a wide boat neck with flutter sleeves.


I think both of these pieces will be good candidates to further adapt to work wear
with the addition of a sweater or jacket.

We'll see!

Thought for the Day:

Our adaptability is one of our greatest assets!




1 comment:

  1. AS much as I like the trend I only bought one item, one off shoulder chambray shirt. However I've been you tubing on how to adapt the clothes we have and make them off shoulder ;)
    I like the floral top being worn under the blazer, very chic and of course the cool bag.

    ReplyDelete