Monday, June 19, 2017

White jackets for summer

A white jacket is indispensable for spring and summer for me.
It's a great choice if you need a layer for transitioning in and out of air conditioning.
White plays well with so many colors, too.  
  Here are three white jackets I have worn this season.  I also have one with a shawl collar
 I have worn several times, already.
  It will probably show up later in a "three ways" post!

First, a cutaway collarless style that is a staple,
 and has been in my wardrobe for a number of years.
Worn over a sleeveless brightly colored geometric print shift dress.
  

Accessorized with my 1960's orange clutch,
gold tone and enamel buckle bracelet and square stud earrings.


Tan lace up block heel sandals to finish the look.


The next outfit consists of a white lace bomber jacket, (not added for warmth on this day),
but to dress up a tie waist chambray jumpsuit.


Flower embellished straw clutch, mixed metal butterfly necklace
and wide silver tone cuff bracelet.


Strappy straw block heel sandals.


The last white jacket, I thrifted last summer.  I like the unusual neckline,
but the boxy shape is challenging.  I would not usually chose this at retail price,
but at the thrift shop, I decided to see if I could make it work for me.
Worn here over a bold striped 3/4 sleeve shift dress, for a nautical look.



Accessorized with a navy and white striped box clutch,
chain motif bracelet and front to back stone earrings.
Shoes are the same as the first look.




I first wore this jacket in this post I love a geometric print,
and I think it was a little more successful back then.

I'll keep experimenting!

Thought for the Day:
Shopping second hand can turn up some gems, and
at the very least nudge you to step outside your comfort zone.

Linking up with  Visible Monday













2 comments:

  1. These are all terrific, and I do like the nautical style jacket very much. And of course, your always-fab accessories. Thanks for linking up, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three great pieces !
    It makes me chuckle a little because one would think that one white jacket would be enough, but no: you've made a point, they are all so different.
    I love the looks with the white lace bomber, you look fab -

    ReplyDelete