Friday, August 4, 2017

Land's End Summer Sale and Nordstrom Rack shop

Last week I stopped by the Land's End Store to check out the recently added, upscale
 "Canvas" line, the retailer now offers.
Unfortunately, none of the items are being carried at my local small store.
However, Land's End is currently having it's 30% off summer sale
 and here are a few things I liked.

This lively pink and orange paisley print on a timeless sheath dress,   


and this dress with carnival stripes on a flattering faux wrap style.


I also found this perfect classic white pencil skirt with interesting textural detail.


I could not resist the fun and colorful floral printed pants,
so a gave them a try on.  these are a traditional crop fit,


and these are a slim ankle cropped fit.  Love the Daisies!


Both fit quite well and were very nicely tailored, but I can not justify purchasing
summer clothes this late in the season, unless I have a specific need.
 It was a great fact finding mission, all in all.


I also stopped by Nordstrom Rack and found these cute pieces.


An adorable short sleeve embroidered bomber,


and a cool and casual Joe Fresh floral print skirt.


Two floaty, summery tops, which are more in line of what I need, right now. 


I like the 3/4 length sleeve on this one.


Also loved this darling cropped jumpsuit,


and this cool and breezy strapless hi/low floral easy fitting dress.


Most of the retail stores I frequent are in that awkward end-of-summer stage,
with the concentration on back to school needs starting to gear up,
 and the summer clearance racks bulging.

Retail-land is poised for the bustle of the coming fall season,
but I am going to hold on to summer until it's well and truly over.
So far it has flown by, and I'm not in a rush for it to end! 




1 comment:

  1. You're so disciplined ! I would have bought both printed trousers, they look so good.

    ReplyDelete