Monday, September 4, 2017

White, my summer go-to

Happy Labor Day everyone!

I thought a white jacket post would be a great way to commemorate summer

  Not that I will be packing away all traces of white from my closet tomorrow
 I wear this perfect neutral through all the seasons
I do have to pack away my lightest summer clothes soon, though,
 to make room for fall and winter

Summer is only unofficially over with   
the autumn solstice still three weeks away.  I am looking forward to that magical
September Indian summer weather

This white shawl collar jacket has been a real workhorse in my wardrobe this summer,
perfect for going in and out of air conditioned buildings

Worn here over a bright pink Victoria Beckham for Target dress
with white trimmed flounce hem


Worn with simple gold tone geometric jewelry
I have recently gotten out my pearl jewelry again, 
I have been sort of off pearls for several years, but now they feel fresh, again


Floral print shoulder bag and blingy gold sandals finish the look


This white denim jacket with a sweet ruffled hem 
has been really useful this season, too
Worn with more bright pink-imagine that!
and navy and white striped cropped trousers


Pink clutch and silver tone jewelry


Tan lace up sandals with a block heel to finish
I've worn the heck out of these this summer, they just seem right with almost everything!


Below, the same white jacket I wore in the first outfit
This time over a royal blue blouse, with a blue and white oversize floral print skirt


This metallic bag is sort of between silver and gold 
and blends nicely with both


Denim lace up espadrilles to finish


Linking up was Patti at Visible Monday 




2 comments:

  1. That shade of pink looks beautiful !
    I have to say that your clothes fit so well, do you have them altered ? They are usually the right length, the sleeves too hit at the right place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lorena! I can sew, and occasionally I alter items. A lot of the time, sleeves are too long on me, but I like to push them up, anyway.

    ReplyDelete