Hello, thanks for stopping by my blog-
hope you are having a good day!
hope you are having a good day!
Today I am wearing a current dress,
that has a retro 1940's inspired look
that has a retro 1940's inspired look
The dress is by Allegra K
It is a knee length, A-line style, with a wide Peter Pan collar,
and sweet banded short puff sleeves
The print is a petite ditzy floral,
of red flowers on a white background
So many nice details of 40s style!
I decided to try this brand out, since it has so many
classic and cute retro inspired styles
After purchasing a few pieces from the brand
through various retailers on-line,
I don't think I would recommend it very highly, though
Nothing I ordered has been in the least bit
standardized size-wise,
and you really have to sift though,
there is a lot of polyester-
lesson learned!
Have you ever experimented with
popular on-line clothing brands
only to find out they fall short of your expectations?
I would love to hear about some brands
that exceed expectations!
A Uniqlo store just opened up
in a mall near my house,
and I am hoping to check it out soon,
as the brand is known for it's high quality basics
Anyway, this dress does have such a sweet look
I thought my red quilted,
heart-shaped bag would be perfect with it
For jewelry I chose a few simple gold tone pieces
An organic twisted bangle bracelet,
and flower shaped post earrings
A few more accessories for pops of color-
A red floral hairband and red crinkle fabric necktie
To give the complete outfit the retro vibe I was going for,
I chose my red and white micro striped espadrilles
with red laces
A quintessential summer shoe that has
stood the test of style through many decades!
I guess I am happy enough with the outfit outcome,
once accessorized
Here are soon daisies picked from the garden
they never dissapoint!

That dress is so sweet! Frustrating that many of the items from the brand didn't work for you, but I'm glad this one did.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous dress! The 1940s-inspired silhouette is so timeless, and it suits you beautifully. I love all of the thoughtful vintage details, especially the flattering fit and the accessories you chose to complete the look. It's amazing how classic styles like this never really go out of fashion. Thanks for sharing another beautiful outfit!
ReplyDeleteOh I love all those pops of red. What a beautiful dress.
ReplyDelete