Monday, September 7, 2026

Black and White for all Seasons

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog
I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend,
and am so happy that you decided to join me today!

The summer season is coming to a close,
 and it's time to get back to business 
 It is always a bit of a difficult transition and a jolt for me,
 to move from the last, less structured days of summer,
 to quickly pick up the pace, once September arrives


The weather is still very warm and wonderful,
 and I am not ready to leave the summer behind, just yet
How about you?

At this time of year among bloggers,
there is always much discussion about 
preference for summer or fall,
 and how to bridge the seasons, wardrobe wise


  I thought I would straddle the line
 of the bridge season with this season-less outfit 
A black and white check lightweight dress
 in my favorite fit and flare style
  I'm leaning ever so slightly into fall
 with the attitude of the outfit 


Red accessories and a structured bag
 give the dress a bit of an autumnal feel, 
but this dress is just as at home in summer,
 with sandals and white or silver tone jewelry,
as it is now, transitioning to fall




I choose my coveted red vintage Bally bag
with a strawberry print scarf tied to the handle




I have been a scarf lover for many years,
and it is such a surprise to me that all types have suddenly become a huge fashion accessory
So glad to see it!
The creativity that has come from this boom is really incredible
 I have gotten many new ideas
 for ways to tie and wear my scarves 


Wearing red and gold tone jewelry
 in a mix of vintage and current pieces
 The red expansion bracelet,
 and red reticulated necklace of plastic arrow shaped pieces
are from the 1950's,
  whereas the gold tone square-round earrings are current


Classic black and tan toe cap half d'orsey sling backs
 with chunky heels to finish the outfit
 


I wore this dress for my Halloween post last year,
 with an orange cardigan and black and white accessories


Hope everyone enjoys their first
unofficial week of autumn!















 

No comments:

Post a Comment