Monday, August 3, 2026

Paint Drip Dress as Skirt

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Today I am experimenting with a little light layering over a  beloved sundress that I just can't let go 
I don't wear this cheeky, brightly colored
paint drip sundress alone anymore,
 because the bodice is very low and bare
 I have styled it with a blouse underneath,
and a buttoned up cardigan over top 
Today, I thought I would experiment with this
 lightweight, bright blue elbow sleeve blouse over it




I like the way this option turned out,
 but it is a little fussy with the blouse 
tucked under the belt
 I probably won't wear it like this again,
but there are many more options!


I am so enamored with the multi-color paint drip print,
 I am considering cutting and sewing it into a skirt

Do you even modify your most loved pieces
that just don't suit you for some reason anymore?


Carrying my 1960s vintage yellow mod handle bag
to pick up a color in the dress


Wearing some more yellow and white accessories
 The white crinkle wired scarf is fashioned around my neck,
 sort of like a necklace
 For jewelry, a bracelet with a double row of yellow oval discs, and a pair of white enamel flower shaped earrings


 I chose these white double strap sandals for this outfit
 I especially love the silver cylindrical heel, 
 and the neat row of square rhinestones decorating the strap 



Here is a previous wear of this dress, from spring, 2023
I have a fairly similar color scheme in this photo, too!


The deer on the island where I live are so cute
and generally no problem at all 
Except for one little thing-they favor chomping down
on many varieties of summer flowers
in the neighborhood gardens
We have to be very vigilant
with the harmless deer-proofing
to keep them at bay!



Hope you stay cool, and have a good week!



 

4 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I love your creativity in prolonging the life of favorite pieces! The drip paint effect is very attractive. I don't often experiment with layering different pieces will definitely try harder as Fall makes it easier. Thanks for linking and have a good rest of the week!

mireille said...

The dress looks really pretty layered up! I love the drip paint pattern. Maybe you could do the cardigan at the top without the blouse under? I am trying to make decisions about a few things in my closet, those pieces that I look over most days. I did decide that the pants that are too tight are going to go when I try them on: my mom will try them before they get donated.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Laura B said...

I absolutely love this idea! Turning the dress into a skirt gives it a completely different feel, and it's such a smart way to get more wear out of pieces you already own. The paint-drip print is so fun, and I really like how you styled it. You've inspired me to look at my dresses in a whole new way!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

We have rats in our garden, a deer is something else, lol. I would definitely turn that dress into a skirt because it is a beauty!