Monday, March 4, 2024

Burgundy pleats


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Burgundy is a great color choice for cold winter weather, 
and so is a hefty fabric, such as faux leather
I styled this deep burgundy pleather pleated skirt earlier this season,
 back in January, in a post about the textiles pleather and faux suede
Are you a fan of leather and suede
and their faux counterparts? How about pleat? 
Both pleather and pleats look like they are going to remain
 on the fashion front for spring and summer,
morphing into lighter weights and colors    

I thought this week would be a good time to restyle this midi skirt,
before the weather warms up too much for my heavy winter fabrics-
which I hope will be soon!
The beginning of spring by the calendar is only a few weeks away,
but the actual temperatures to back it up, will take a little longer, here in Maryland
I am really glad that daylight savings time starts this Sunday
signaling spring is on the way!

This week I am pairing the pleated pleather
 with a cozy cropped oyster white textured weave pullover sweater





Roger got in on this post with me,
wearing his comical cartoon Dr. Seuss neck tie
He has fun with his bold and colorful ties!


Polka dots and Dr. Suess


Carrying an ivory satchel bag with buckle detail


I went with brown tone accessories to blend in with the burgundy skirt
Wide tourtoseshell look buckle belt,
my coveted embossed "The Who" vintage leather strap band bracelet,
and textured silver tone earrings


Chunky cordovan color block heel loafers to finish the outfit



All kinds of pleats have been trending
for several years now, and for all seasons
and on all types of clothing
Here are a couple of outfits worn with pleats in the past
  
A winter holiday outfit with a striped box pleated skirt from Christmas, 2022



An outfit looking forward to the coming of spring
And a coral knife pleated dress from early spring, 2020 
Looking forward to the coming of spring


Hope everyone enjoys their week!







 

5 comments:

Laura B said...

I love the way pleats move when you walk. I think they are so fun to wear. That burgundy skirt is beautiful! I love how your husband matches you. It's so sweet!

Sally in St Paul said...

I adore pleated skirts, and all three of these outfits are fabulous. The belt over the oyster white sweater in the first look adds such a nice finished touch. (Too bad such styling makes me look like Humpty Dumpty, haha.) Polka dots + Dr Seuss is a print mix for the ages!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Very chic and elegant with the pleats. I love the cream bag. It's so nice how Roger joins in each week now with his ties. I'm not a huge fan of leather or pleather on me, though I do have a recycled pleather gold skirt that I like. We don't do daylight saving here for another 3 weeks - 31 March. It's still quite cold but should warm up soon.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I already see a submission for April there! Peach Fuzz! I love pleats a lot too. In fact, I will be receiving a pleated skirt today! Guess what colour Di.......black. Roger looks great too in burgundy!

Anonymous said...

This is such a super skirt and just spot on for the cooler months. Thanks for adding to my linkup. Good to have you join. Jacqui x