Sunday, October 10, 2021

Autumn Colors

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

It is not truly looking like fall where I live yet
 We are having a lovely long Indian Summer this year!
 But the days are growing shorter and the dropping temperatures are sure to follow
 I've started to pack up my summer wardrobe and unpack for fall,
so it seems like a good time to style some traditional autumn looks,
even though the weather is not quite there yet 

My first outfit features a light tan blazer with puffed sleeve caps
  It is new, but cut in a semi fitted retro 70's style that I love
I paired the jacket with an olive pleated midi skirt 


I'm acessorizing with a multicolor houndstooth check scarf
and an olive green reptile embossed belt


The scarf screams of the season, to me
It is a red, tan and olive print with an equestrian horse bit border


Bold silver tone jewelry seemed to fit the mood of the outfit,
so I chose a stacked look open cuff bracelet
and large 80's vintage abstract shaped earrings 


Carrying an old favorite red square quilted bag
I usually carry it as a clutch, but it converts to a shoulder 
or cross body bag with a chain strap tucked inside
Great for when both hands need to be free!


More old favorites, a well balanced and comfortable pair
of mid heel red patent leather pumps
these have been indispensable in my wardrobe for years



Teal is not the first color that probably comes to mind when you think of fall
but combined with brown, it's looking pretty seasonal 🍃
This teal V-neck cardigan with puffy sleeve caps has served me well  
 It is a versatile style, and wearable for three seasons,
but fall is my favorite time of year to wear it
Wore here with a brown sleeveless lightweight sweater underneath
and a brown midi skirt with a button front and flapped cargo hip pockets




For a bag, I chose a colorful clutch with an unusual square handle
to add interest to this basic color block look


More accessories to lean the outfit toward fall-
a plaid neck scarf and dark brown woven belt


For jewelry, a tortoiseshell expandable bracelet
and teal stone stud earrings


Low heel multi tone reptile embossed slides to finish the outfit 







A flashback to fall, 2017
These fringed boots were a fun statement  
 but I'm not really a boot wearer, so they mostly gathered dust in my closet
I sold them on eBay to someone who was ecstatic to find them
I love it when that happens-they are now well loved and worn!



A bouquet of mums-the most traditional fall flower 
in the colors of the season! 


Hope everyone has a good week!




 

4 comments:

Lovely said...

Love the blazer and the skirt combo! The color scheme of the outfit is so beautiful!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Mica said...

That olive skirt is beautiful on you! It's often hard to pick a favourite outfit in your posts and while I do love the others (even if you no longer love or have those boots!) I think that first one is just perfect - the midi skirt is great with the blazer and you accessorised beautifully! I really like the fun patchwork clutch in your second outfit too :)

Hope your week is going well so far :) It's a rainy one here!

Away From The Blue

Laura B said...

I love those rust colored pants on you! And that first outfit is gorgeous! I love the fall colors paired together!

Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom said...

That blue/green square handled clutch is so pretty and unique! I really like how you used the blue/greens with brown to give it a fall look!! Brilliant!

Carrie
curlycraftymom.com