Sunday, November 12, 2023

Jewel Tone Blues for November

I love my blue hues! 💙 
I wear all the shades of blue, but am especially fond 
of the deep rich jewel tones
These shades are so popular and accessible during the fall and winter season
How about you, are you a fan of the blues and jewel tones for fall and winter?

My first outfit this week is a deep, royal blue knit dress, 
with a random black grid pattern
It is a faux wrap style, with a V neckline,
 and long fitted sleeves with puffed sleeve caps
It is a current dress, but it has a very 80's vibe to me 
Wearing a black camisole underneath


I chose black semi sheer tights as this dress is a bit short for me
 Also, they blend in so nicely with the 80's look of the dress

 

Carrying my black and white handle bag with wide graphic stripes 
I am surprised at how often I reach for this little purse-
it is just the boost of color and contrast that a lot of my outfits need!


Wearing a black belt with silver tone buckle, and for jewelry,
a silver tone multi band bracelet and pearl stud earrings


Some more accessories, because the 80's was all about excess and embellishment!
Royal blue wired hair tie, and black and white polka dot neck scarf


Black suede block heel sling backs to finish the outfit




My second outfit is designed
to showcase the bright peacock blue color of the peplum blouse
It has the most cheerful colors in a lively print of tiny flowers
 of yellow, white, red and black
I am wearing the blouse open this time, like a jacket with a black sash belt tied in a bow,
  and a white crochet ribbed knit top underneath
Black straight leg trousers on the bottom  





For jewelry, I chose a gold tone chain collar necklace,
and chain drop earrings


This 1950's vintage red frame bag does not get chosen frequently
but it seems to have the right feel for this outfit
To me, peplum tops sometimes have a retro feel to them
T hey enjoyed great popularity in the 40's and 80's,
and have been springing up again lately
in the continuing cycle of fashion! 
   

Red suede bow motif ankle straps to finish the look



Starting to decorate a little for Thanksgiving, with the holiday fast approaching!



Hope your week goes well!


 

5 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

This shade of blue is gorgeous and looks great on you. To me, it's a perfect winter color because it looks so good with black; I think I veer toward jewel tones in winter for that reason. (Although I'm wearing a slightly more muted but very similar blue scarf today with a fall foliage print blouse, so it's clearly more versatile than that!) The styling of the blouse is really cool and interesting, a great way to get more use out of it by wearing it as a jacket.

Laura B said...

What a gorgeous flattering shade of blue! I especially like that first outfit with the dress! Hope you are having a great week!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I did tell you before that I love your sence for details right! Perfect, I appreciate that. That shade is blue is very good on you! I don't wear other colours i the warmer months really. Occasionly perhaps, but I wear the darker colours all year round.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love how your base with both outfits is white and black- these jewel blues look wonderful against that background. Nice pops of red in the second outfit. I can see why you love the cute striped bag - very contemporary and chic! Have a good weekend

Mica said...

I love all shades of blue too! I like how these pieces pop with the black and white. It's great you can double up the wear with that blouse in the last outfit too and wear it like a cardigan! It looks fabulous belted :)

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)