Sunday, November 19, 2023

Thanksgiving Greetings!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all,
and thank you for stopping by my blog!

The holiday season sort of snuck up on me this year
It's been sort of a blur of activity from Halloween to nearly Thanksgiving
How about you?

My first outfit is a fall classic for the traditional family holiday
Don't want to offend any relatives with my outrageous and inappropriate style choices-lol!

A tan blazer is adaptable to all seasons
but first and foremost, it always seems perfect for fall 🍁 

I wore this jacket earlier in the season in a post about an autumn palette
Today I am wearing it with a jersey knit top and midi skirt  
in one of the Pantone colors for the season called Red Dahlia-
yes to all the reds!




This scarf is worn folded in half, tied at the back of my neck
and tucked loosely into the front of the skirt
I have worn a smaller scarf similarly, in this sort of cowgirl/western style, 
but of all the many ways I've worn scarves, I have never tried this
What do you think? The scarf almost looks like a colorful blouse with the jacket over it  


I chose some warm, gold tone jewelry to complement the outfit
A hinged bracelet, and two vintage pieces from the fifties/sixties
A cute shaggy dog brooch and a pair of atomic design clip on earrings
 The earrings were a bit of a gamble, purchased them online on Etsy,
but they did not disappoint-I love them!
 

Another accessory from the same vintage era is this
 hardshell envelope bag in an embossed tan reptile print


Taupe cross strap block heels to finish the outfit






Roger is a man of many talents and neckties!
 He is sure to make a matching statement with my outfit!



For my next outfit, I am trying a whole different vibe,
and going from muted tones to bright, festive color!
This dress is an oldy but goody, in a favorite style
It is sleeveless, and I usually wear it in spring and summer,
but I thought I would try it out layered for fall
Because, you know-orange!
Diagonally striped fit and flare dress
with a tan cropped cardigan layered over it




Carrying a caramel color croc embossed handlebag


A mix of vintage and modern jewelry, again for this outfit
Chunky gold tone square/round hoop earrings,
a 1950's expandable gold tone bracelet,
and a very special 1940's carved Lucite bird pin 


To finish the outfit, two tone camel and light tan Maryjane slides 


A little Thanksgiving decor-
Accordion paper turkey from the 90's,
and cornucopia glassware from the 40's




I hope everyone enjoys a safe and happy holiday!
I will be taking a short blogging break next Sunday
hope to see you in two weeks!


 

5 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I can't imagine anyone not likes your style! What a gorgeous orange brown dress! Wow, love the cardigan on it too! And a applause for Roger!

mireille said...

I love that second dress but I also love what you did with the first one and the scarf: I really thought it was a blouse. Happy Thanksgiving! I love the picture with the hubby!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Lovely to see Roger! Red Dahlia is a delicious colour, very classy. I like the way you styled the scarf. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Laura B said...

It's funny what you said about the scarf looking almost like a blouse because I thought it was at first! It's a beautiful way to wear it. Both outfits are lovely on you!

Sally in St Paul said...

I LOVE how you styled that first scarf - it does have a blouse look to it! Roger's coordinating tie selection is perfect. I always admire those taupe shoes when I see them because it's a hard color to find and you wear it well. The second outfit is so much fun with the bright orange and fits right in with the vintage Thanksgiving decor.