Sunday, November 5, 2023

Incorporating Pink into Your Fall Wardrobe

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Pink is not traditionally a central color in many women's winter wardrobes,
but it has grown so much in popularity for all seasons over the past two years
Starting with Barbiecore and continuing with Viva Magenta as Pantone's color of the year,
then, there was the opening of the long awaited Barbie Movie. Phew!
 There have been a lot of shades of pink in the picture, all year round
I love pink 💕 💖 so I'm very happy with the color's surge in popularity
Are you a pink lover, and enjoying this trend?

Here are two outfits with pink incorporated into them to brighten up the short winter days,
and the generally darker palette
First, a rose pink midi skirt with an all over burgundy abstract print
Worn with a burgundy blouse and a navy blue jacket style cardigan layer on top 





More pink to lighten up the look
with a neck scarf in two shades of pink and wine
For jewelry, a gold tone twist bracelet and looped earrings 
 


Carrying a navy blue quilted chain strap bag


Reptile embossed navy blue block heel sling backs to finish the outfit



In my next outfit I am wearing a shirt in rose pink, 
worn under an ivory sweater vest with a dark wash denim skirt 



carrying a two tone brown and beige structured handle bag


Wearing this small vintage Vera feather print scarf as a necklace  


Accessorizing with my vintage brass butterfly buckle belt
and some simple jewelry
Knotted loop earrings and a rose and gold tone wrap bracelet 


Lots of vintage extras in this outfit!
These cognac suede lace ups are vintage, from Bass
Amazingly they fit and are reasonably comfortable 
I purchased them at a vintage shop, they must have sat in somebody's closet
unworn, for ages 


Pink in the garden-
we still have a few cheerful pink Petunias in the November



Enjoy your week, and hope to see you next time!


7 comments:

MELODY JACOB said...

Lovely styling idea. Nice skirt

Sally in St Paul said...

I like wearing pink in winter; I have a lot of black, grey, and burgundy in rotation in my winter season (approx. Jan 1-Feb 28) and I tend to wear bright pink/magenta and jewel tones as accent colors with them. (Maybe in winter I adopt something of a "Winter" personal color season palette??) I like how you've styled your bright pink with navy, which is something I do in summer but not as often in winter - it looks great! (I think "great minds think alike" because I am planning a pink post for next week.)

Laura B said...

Whenever I want a color and can't decide which one-I reach for pink! It always makes me happy. It's such a pretty color on you, too. I'm all about this resurgence of pink!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Pink is one of my favourites. I love that bright pink skirt. I don't wear blue toned pinks now but I do love that shade. The second outfit mixes 3 colors I would not have thought of combining, brown, blue and pink. I love it and may copy! Have a good weekend

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love wearing pink all year round. The skirt is fabulous and I love how you've styled it. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com

Mica said...

That scarf worn as a necklace is such a clever idea and works so well with that outfit! :) I'm always a fan of pink in any shade - a fun pink scarf can really brighten up an outfit in winter :)

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link Up :)

Anonymous said...

SP Kingtown projects new bands. SP Kingtown project once the party apartment starts, so if sustainability only aligns with global right thinking so much SP Kingtown great button offering new brands new sting new living brands location to choose the new area level that works for you and then. SP Kingtown see you at great thinking apartment and flats right new location for the right now like area Pune.
Visit- https://shapoorjipallonji.ind.in/sp-kingstown/