Monday, July 8, 2024

Ditsy Florals for Summer

 Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

When I think of ditsy prints, the first type to pop into my mind 
are the nostalgic micro florals 
that were so popular in the early aughts
A lot of details from the Y2K era have been popping back up 
in fashion over the past few years
Ditsy florals, and other random all-over prints 
come in all sizes and figural themes
I have seen some really cute 
and whimsical ones of many different types of objects 
They float around on the background of the garment,
in a weightless kind of way
Florals are by far the most plentiful though,
and easiest to find
Are you a fan of these ditsy floral prints?

The first dress I am wearing is a medium size ditsy floral print  
of daisies in the complimentary colors of orange and blue 
suspended on a white background
It is a lot of dress, with a slight high-low hem
  and a midi skirt with three tiers of flounces  
The dress is a partially lined crinkle gauze,
and is very light and breezy for summer
It has lots of sweet and feminine details that I love,
like flutter sleeves, a flattering V neckline,
 and a faux wrap bodice





The dress did not come with a belt and has an all around elasticized waistband, 
so I added an orange and peach floral scarf
 tied in a bow as a sash belt 


I decided to gussy this outfit up for a special occasion,
but with the slightly boho style of the dress,
I think it could easily be worn more casually, too

Since silver metallic is so on trend,
I'm carrying a small reptile embossed clutch
and wearing a silver and rhinestone hairband


I chose light, sparkly silver tone jewelry
to compliment the dress-
hoop earrings, a daisy pendant necklace
and wide open X's cuff bracelet 


For shoes, I went metallic with silver kitten heel sling backs



My next outfit is made up of separates with a midi skirt
of that familiar micro ditsy floral print we all know so well!
The very type that I wore in the aughts,
 but the skirt length was shorter back then
How about you-do you like this type of retro print?
This skirt has a gray background
 with pale pink and mauve flowers, and moss green leaves
I think it would work styled for fall, as well
Worn with an ivory crinkle rayon flutter sleeve peplum blouse 
layered over a blush pleated neckline sleeveless top  



Carrying my little two tone pink heart shaped handle bag


For jewelry, I chose a dainty gold tone collar necklace
with rhinestone starbursts, and gold tone hoop earrings
The bracelet is a wide row of nude leather cord straps
embellished with a large pink stone 


Nude tie low heels to finish the outfit


Another ditsy floral print in pink tones on a skirt I wore 
on the blog two years ago, in the summer of 2022,
with a 1980's blouse


Ditsy floral prints resemble this bed of pretty
 yellow, violet and purple pansy faces in the garden
Love 😍


Hope everyone has a good week!





3 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

I especially like the somewhat larger-scale, bolder ditsy print of the first dress because it has a fresh look to me. I do like the more traditional ditsy print skirts as you've styled them. I think I would personally find the brighter pink easier to wear than the mauve one, simply because I am really feeling the brighter colors this summer.

Laura B said...

Your addition of the scarf as a belt in the first outfit was genius! It really brings out the orange color in the print and defines your waist! So cute!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Very pretty romantic look with the graceful ditsy print dress. Perfect accessories too with the sash belt and light silver pieces. Have a good week!