Sunday, June 19, 2022

A Little Bit Boho

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Long full, flowing skirts and dresses, and comfortable loose tops
are summer season favorites
So I thought I would usher in the summer solstice,
 and the official calendar beginning of summer
with a few Boho inspired summer outfits

A little bit of a Boho vibe seems to surface
in most of our wardrobes during this time of year
Keeping cool is at the top of our agenda, and this style is a perfect fit
This summer season it is especially true, 
with the tiered skirt mega trend still going strong!


Today, I am featuring two Boho inspired looks with pieces I am currently wearing
My first outfit features a midi skirt in a dusty sage green and white ditsy floral print
The skirt has a comfortable wide smocked waist 
and the prerequisite long flowing length and tiers!
It is made of Rayon, and is very soft and lightweight
I am pairing the skirt with a white cotton Batiste top that is a summer favorite of mine
It is cool and airy, and has all of the sweet summer details:
 Eyelet, embroidery and tiny pin tucks 



Carrying a pink canvas tote bag with natural tan leather trim
adding another muted color to the outfit


For jewelry, I chose my 1950's vintage gold tone and tan flower collar necklace
The costume jewelry from this era has such nice details,
The flowers on this necklace have little rhinestone centers 
Other jewelry pieces are a knot bangle bracelet and small hoop earrings


During the 60's and 70's when the Boho look was all the rage,
it featured a lot of natural colors and natural tan leather,
 so I'm wearing a tan woven belt and matching block heel sandals
to complement the look



Next, is a casual outfit featuring the most classic of Boho items ever-flared denim jeans
This pair is a light wash that is slightly whiskered and faded,
 giving them a washed and worn look
 They have a very high waist and came with the matching denim D-ring belt
They look straight out of the 70's-
I feel like I am doing a little bit of time traveling this week!
Worn with a cranberry red knit top with tiny cutouts around the scooped neckline
and little flutter sleeves





I decided to go for an all out vintage look with this outfit,
 and am carrying my vintage 70's fringed suede bag
Also tried tying a wide head wrap with a pink and berry colored floral scarf


I chose 70's reminiscent silver tone jewelry,
with large ornate drop earrings, a multi band cuff bracelet 
and a feather pendant necklace


Platform wedges, to finish this outfit, of course!
These are very easy to wear, by the comfort shoe brand Softt
The jeans are super long and would drag the ground without heels-
(some hemming might be necessary) 




An outfit with a little bit of a Boho look
with bell sleeves and a denim skirt from spring, 2019
I didn't realize it until after I posted this,
 but this outfit from the past has a very similar color scheme 
to the current one, above!



Peace, love and understanding to you all-
 and some garden flower power!



Hope everyone has a good week!


7 comments:

Lovely said...

Love that boho skirt and white top outfit.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Sally in St Paul said...

The sage floral skirt is so pretty!

Laura B said...

I'm loving the bit of boho vibe you infused in these outfits! That long skirt is so pretty on you and I really like the headband you added in the first 2 outfits!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

My favorite is the cranberry top, flared jeans and D ring belt, along with the fringed bag. I remember having very similar items in the 70s! I love the boho trend but it only works for me in this way, the loose and floaty dresses don't suit me, tempting though they are in the summer!

Carol Benton said...

These boho outfits look wonderful on you! My fave is the sage green skirt with the white top. Perfect for summer.
Carol
www.scribblingboomer.com

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

so cute! boho styles are perfect for summer and you absolutely nailed it!

Mica said...

These are such cute outfits! I love the first one especially! And I agree, boho styles work so well for summer with all the pretty flowy pieces - got on hot days! :)

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a good weekend :)

Away From The Blue