Sunday, June 5, 2022

Bright pink-Pantone's Innuendo

  • Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

  • Innuendo pink is part of Pantone's chosen color palette
  • for spring and summer this year
  • This shade of pink is a vivid and saturated hue, and of course, I love it!
For this post, I am featuring two outfits I wore recently in this color
paired with neutrals

First, an open cropped cardigan with sweet scalloped edges in this highly visible color
Worn over a black and white geometric print blouse that has a black crochet trimmed collar
On the bottom, a black knee length skirt with a deep hem flounce





  • This little black and white pleated fabric clutch bag incorporates 
    two of my favorite motifs together-hearts and polka dots! 


    Accessorizing the outfit with gold tone jewelry
    A twisted hinged bangle, disc pendant necklace
    and faceted dome stud earrings


    Black flat sandals with fabric pleated ruffles
    I have had these shoes for several years, but don't wear them very often
    I think they are a cute style, and versatile as the ruffled rosette decoration is removable
    But they are completely flat with no arch support
    so not as comfortable as the look!  




  • Oddly, this next dress photographs more red than the bright pink
  • that it is in real life
  • I wore it earlier on the blog, in February
  •  for my Tommy Girl post with the same perplexing color effect
  • Not sure why-maybe it's the sheen of the fabric that makes it photograph this way
  • Anyway, I am wearing it this time layered under an ivory color cropped, 
  • flutter sleeve top with a tie waist to change it up for spring




  • Carrying an off white reptile embossed circular handle bag
  • I wrapped a pink paisley scarf around the handle to add a little print
  • to the otherwise solid color block outfit
  • It sort of emulates the scrunched fabric handle look
  •  that I have been seeing on some bags over the past few seasons
For accessories I chose my much loved gold tone heart 💕  collar necklace,
a bow bracelet and irregular shaped pink stone stud earrings


I have't worn these leopard print sandals in a long time, 
they have spent too long in the back of my closet 
This outfit seemed I good opportunity to get them out
and wear them to see if I like them enough to keep them 
They have an unusual modified wedge heel and the ankle strap comes completely off
I cannot walk in them without the strap, though-
tried it and fell off!


  •  
  • An outfit with bright pink from early spring, 2019



    Some bright pink Impatiens that our neighbor's kitty is especially fond of
    I hope you enjoy them, too!




    Hope everyone has a good week!








5 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I fell for bright pink too and ordered a skirt and several tops!

Laura B said...

Both of these outfits (well all 3) are so cute! The first is my favorite though. The scalloped cardigan is the cutest!

mireille said...

I won a giveaway recently and one of the things I chose was a bright fuschia top: such a great color! I am loving it.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hi Di!

You do have such a beautiful knack for the fluidity of your outfits! Love the scallop detail on your cardi and the details of the floral sandals too. Such lovely outfits! Some colors are certainly harder to photograph arent they?

Mica said...

I love that scalloped hem cardigan in the first outfit, what a cute piece! And how you tied a scarf on your bag in the second outfit. You always put so much care into your outfits and how they coordinate, I don't think I've ever seen you in one I dislike! :)

That photographs red but is really pink dress makes me smile as I have a similar dress - such a berry pink in person, just red in photos! I can't figure it out! haha!

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup last week, sorry for my late blog visit, life has been busy! Hope you are having a good weekend :) We had a fun day out at an insect expo yesterday :)

Away From The Blue