Monday, February 12, 2024

Happy Valentine's Week!


 

Hello, Happy Valentine's Week to you all
and thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Valentine's Day is the perfect time to remember and shower 
 your husband, boyfriend, children, parents, siblings, and all of the special people in your life 
with an extra dose of love! 

Today, in the spirit of the holiday
I am wearing a dress that could not be more to theme!
The dress is covered with hearts of varying sizes in shades of pink and red 
It is a faux wrap style with a flouncy hem, and made of a thick jersey knit,
that is so comfortable and easy to wear
Normally, I would not purchase a dress with a theme for a specific holiday,
but I fell in love ❤️ with this one, and hearts are a favorite motif 
that I wear all year round
How about you, do you have any favorite motifs that you love to wear?






For jewelry, I chose some classics
A faux pearl hair band and a pair of faux pearl back to front drop earrings
Also a twisted gold tone bangle bracelet




Carrying a bright magenta bow detail bag


and wearing reptile embossed pink kitten heel slides 



Roger is joining me today with a pink button-down shirt 
and cute prince charming pin that dated on the back, from 1984
On one special Valentine's Day in the past, Roger surprised me
by coming to my work with the Barbershop quartet he sang with
and serenading me and the whole office with love songs!
It was so much fun!
He is such a romantic💕


Close up of the prince charming pin


An outfit from a Valentine's Day's past:  2021



Hope everyone has a lovely week!



 

6 comments:

MELODY JACOB said...

Oh my gosh, I like the pink shoes and that last outfithttps://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/02/pela-sustainable-phone-cases.html

Sally in St Paul said...

That dress is fabulous, and too much fun to wear only for Valentine's day. I also happily wear heart motifs year-round; they have Valentine's associations, certainly, but don't feel limited to a holiday. Of course I have made rabbit motifs a 365/366 day a year phenomenon in my wardrobe. So much so that I occasionally am surprised when suddenly there are bunny motifs everywhere in the spring and I have to remember that oh yes, this is when normal people think about rabbits, haha.

Absolutely LOVE the photo with you and Roger. What a sweetheart he is, and that pin is the cutest.

Laura B said...

I can see why you had to get that heart dress. It so flattering on you! I love the color and the darling print! Happy Valentine's Day!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

An amazing dress for an amazing lady on Valentine's Day. How wonderful that Roger serenaded you and your colleagues! My husband, alas, wouldn't do anything for V Day even if he remembered, but he's good at sorting practical issues for me, making sure my bike is always in top condition and the broadband always works for my blogging!

P-and-P said...

Such a lovely dress. :)

Kellyann Rohr said...

I don't usually buy themed clothing either but I really like this dress Di! The hearts make such a pretty pattern and I'd feel good wearing it all year long! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!
xo,
Kellyann