Monday, February 5, 2024

Red and Pink for Valentine's Month

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

It's February, and everybody knows what that means-
all the red, pink, hearts and flowers ❤️🌸 come out of the closet
Those red pieces that we are not already tired of from the Christmas holidays, that is. 

Red and pink are both pretty divisive colors 
Some women like them well enough on other people, but not so much to wear themselves
Others will wear red and pink for a special holiday, but they are not everyday choices
Do you wear red and/or pink? They are two of my favorites
 Red is one of my very best colors to wear, 
 I get more complements when I wear it, than any other color!

My first February outfit is made up of a red and white print 
dress that is pretty much a dress for all seasons
The last time I wore it on the blog was Labor Day!
It is a mid-weight jersey in a loosely fitted A-line style
with short flutter sleeves
Normally, I would have packed this dress up until spring,
but this winter I left it out because I had some layering ideas to try with it
Worn today under a red V-neck cardigan with a navy blue belt

 




Using accessories to add a little bling to make the outfit special
For jewelry, I chose a collar necklace in a circle of navy blue enameled bows,
and a rose gold bangle bracelet with rows of glittery rhinestones
My earrings are vintage, from the 1950's
I chose them because the leaf shapes mimic the pattern on the dress 


Another bow on my blue and white polka dotted hair band
Carrying a navy blue quilted chain strap bag


I was not conscious of bows in three places until now, writing the description
of the outfit and looking at the photos!
I guess a three bow outfit is ok if they are relatively subtle 
Red bow toe ankle straps to finish the outfit
  



For my second outfit for this Valentine's month post
I chose a bright pink wool pencil skirt and a square neck top in the same bright pink color
Classic Charcoal grey blazer layered on top  


This outfit did not come together quite the way I thought it would
I was looking for a way to tone down the very bright pink skirt,
but the grey blazer seems too dark or the paisley scarf too light-or both
Will try again!  


Carrying a grey metallic quilted bag with chain strap
 


Accessorizing with a large vintage silver tone feather brooch, 
hand crafted silver bird earrings and gunmetal grey open cuff bracelet 



Wearing a paisley neck scarf in shades of pink, coral and ivory


Grey suede cross strap block heel pumps to finish the outfit



Hope everyone has a l❤️vely week!


 

6 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

Adding navy to red is a favorite color combo of mine, and it definitely has less of a Christmas vibe than black + red (though I wear that one year-round too!). It's a very pretty outfit! I thought the pink outfit looked good too, but I understand that feeling when the result isn't quite what you had in your head. I agree that a scarf with a darker tone in it might tie the bright pink and darker neutral together better.

Laura B said...

Both of these outfits are beautiful and classic! I especially like the pink one because I'm so partial to that bright shade. The scarf is so pretty! Hope you are having a good week!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I love the belt over a long cardi look, I'm going to do the same this week! I do wear pink and red quite a lot, not very often together although they do look good together. The skirt is the most fabulous shade of pink! Have a fun Valentine's Day. We don't do anything usually, although this time, in a fit of madness, I ordered a meal kit from a top restaurant. Just hope it's easy to assemnble!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I love gun metal accessories, gorgeous cuff. Pink and red together is a fabulous colour combination. And red does look amazing on you indeed. We don't celebrate Valentine's day. It's so commercial. Have a good week!

mireille said...

I always love the pictures with your hubby: so sweet and complimentary! My husband is out of town this week and we just booked a family for this summer so I am hoping we don't really have plans. We are taking 24 hours without the kiddos next week so I am going to look for thrifty fun things to do!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love both outfits! I do like to wear pink and red together, it's a fun colour combination. Thanks for linking!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com