Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Fluffy Textured Sweaters for Spring


Hello, welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by!

Today, in keeping with the weather, I thought I would feature
two fluffy textured spring sweaters for the transition
It is still chilly here, but I am definitely ready
 to pull out my spring wardrobe,
 and start lightening up the layers and colors!
I remember this cozy, fluffy knit trend starting in fall, 2022
The knits have stuck around
 and morphed into versions for all seasons,
including sleeveless and camisole styles
for spring and summer
Have you been wearing this fun textural trend?

For my first outfit this week with fluffy texture,
 I am wearing a pale lilac cropped scoop neck sweater,
with elbow length sleeves and puffed sleeve caps-
a very youthful and sweet style!
This pastel lilac color is very on trend for spring and summer
as it has been chosen as one of
 Pantone's colors for this year
I paired the sweater with a suede wrap skirt in ivory


I don't think the soft, fuzzy texture
 is showing up very well on camera,
but here is a close up


Carrying a small drawcord bucket bag in nude


For jewelry, I chose a very special 1940's vintage necklace 
of lavender, pink and pale green glass beads
I haven't worn it in ages,
 so it is nice to get it out of the jewelry box today
It matches perfectly with the color and daintiness of my top
Also, wearing a pink fossil stone
 and nude color leather cord bracelet,
 with gold tone circular earrings 


I had trouble deciding what shoes to wear with this outfit,
and fell back on these light tan suede slides
to keep the outfit from skewing too girly
I need to add some different styles of nude and neutral shoes
 to my shopping list for spring and summer!




For my second outfit this week
I am wearing a white similarly fuzzy textured sweater
in a cardigan style with front ties
This knit has a very retro Y2K look about it, to me
I wore it on the blog back in March
for my Easter post, too
Today I styled it with a dark blue tank top underneath,
and a full skirt in linen with a dark blue, 
 black and white gigantic paisley print


The cardigan makes a light and soft extra layer of warmth,
and the ties add two bows to the outfit-
which are everything this season!
 I am a big fan of bows, so I will be on the look out for them
on garments and accessories since
there will be many options in the shops



My jewelry is bolder for this outfit, to complement the color contrast and large print of the skirt
Wearing chunky gold tone wrap bracelet, a vintage rhinestone embellished turtle necklace, and vintage clip on earrings 



Carrying a white foldover bag,
and wearing a navy and white polka dot bow hairband 


 I chose a pair of black, low wedge ballet style shoes
I had thought about deleting these from my closet
for the past few years as I have rarely chosen them,
They are a classic that never goes out of fashion so
I am glad I held on to them, as they are really very versatile, 
and are gaining even more popularity again now


Spring has officially sprung in our area
and I love all of the beautiful trees in bloom just now!
(Could do without the green coating of pollen
on every horizontal surface, thought 🤧)
 



Hope everyone enjoys their week!





 

6 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

I haven't tried the fluffy sweater trend, but it's a super cute look. That lilac sweater is perhaps the spring-est thing I've seen!

Laura B said...

I really like the texture these pretty sweaters add to your outfit! That lavender one with the puffy sleeves is so cute! I love the gorgeous vintage necklace you paired with it!

Anonymous said...

You really do suit lilac. It’s a shade I don’t think suits me and I seldom wear. Thanks for sharing on my linkup Di x Jacqui x

mireille said...

I like your description "fluffy" description. I love how texture adds interest to an outfit.
www.chzmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I absolutely LOVE the lilac sweater. If I was in Maryland I would wrestle you for it :-)
The fluffy white cardi is very pretty and versatile for cooler summer nights. Very elegant look.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I adore lilac, it is such a gorgeous colour that really represents spring for me. Sadly it doesn't lok good on me, but you wear it very well! Love that fluffy top!