Monday, April 1, 2024

Lady Jackets and Cardigans


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog, 

and I hope everyone had a nice Easter break!

The lady jacket and lady cardigan
  reemerged to the fashion forefront this past fall and winter season
This style is continuing to trend for spring and summer as well  
I am glad to see it have staying power, as it is such a classic  
 
This week, I thought I would rummage around in my closet
and pull out one of each, a jacket and a cardigan
 from previous seasons to style for spring
This cropped, boxy silhouette never really goes out of fashion-
CoCo Chanel and Jackie O are icons forever!

Are you a fan of the lady jacket and cardigan?
I have seen a lot of women wearing them lately
There are so many variations in the shops now
While they are so popular and readily available,
you might find one that really suits you! 

The ones I am wearing in this post are from previous seasons,
 but I also purchased a bright pink lady cardigan this season,  
 That I wore in last week's post

For my first outfit I am wearing
a Kelly green, navy blue and white tweed jacket with four flap pockets
(that actually hold things)
This shade of green, and similar ones
 have come back around to be big fashion colors in the past few years,
especially this year, as Pantone named "Mint" 
one of their colors of the year
This year's "mint" looks quiet different  
 from the minty colors of past years
Pantone's swatch looks very much like Kelly green to me
I am wearing this jacket over a white ribbed mock neck top,
and paired with a navy blue button front skirt 



Carrying a Kelly green reptile embossed bag in a classic style


For jewelry, I chose a gold tone cuff with green stones all around,
my chunky chain initial necklace,
and 60's vintage double entwined circle earrings 


Navy and white polka dot scarf in my hair
 to add a little fun and whimsy


Navy suede horse bit detail, block heel loafers
seemed just right to finish this timeless look



Next is a black and white knitted soft and lofty wool sweater jacket
 It reads grey in the photo, but the yarn is knitted in a pattern that is reminiscent of tweed
It is open in the front, and piped all around in black satin
Worn over a bright royal blue faux wrap dress 




Carrying a red patent leather 1960's vintage bag
It features a unique metal handle in gold tone and red


Wearing bright, bold gold tone jewelry
 to complement the simple lines of this outfit
Wide chain necklace and the same entwined circle clip on earrings
as the first outfit



A few more accessories:
Black leather gold buckle belt 
and a red scarf in my hair


Grey faux suede, cross strap, block heels
to finish the look
I have this shoe in taupe, and have gotten a lot of use from them so,
 I recently purchased the same pair in grey thinking it would be
a nice alternative to black
I haven't worn them much yet, but we'll see! 




Outfit with a lady jacket from spring 2021



Hope everyone has a good week!




 

3 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

The green, navy, and white tweed jacket is scrumptious! It's such a great statement piece that you can keep the rest of the outfit very simple and still look so stylish. I used to have a similar jacket in shades of pink and white, and it was amazing with just a white T-shirt and jeans.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I approve of this trend! It looks very good on you. I love the kelly green with navy. I have a similar lady jacket in a lighter green, I must dig it out. Have a good week!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Most of the times lady jackets are a bit short for me. The green one looks like a great lenght though! And I love green on dark denim! Fabulous green bag too. Can you tell I am a fan of green, lol.