Monday, August 5, 2024

Summer Stripes

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

This week, I thought I would take a break
 from my beloved summer florals
 to devote a post to stripes
My second favorite warm weather print!
Stripes are always very popular during the summer,
but this season, even more so
 I have been noticing a lot of very wide stripes
Also, high contrast bright multicolor ones,
 as well as two tone versions

Today I am wearing a short sleeve sky blue and white 
 striped fit and flare dress with a box pleated skirt
Horizontal stripes on the top, and vertical on the bottom
 This dress is made of a hefty knit that holds its shape
It is not in the least bit flimsy
 but is still cool and comfortable to wear
Wrinkle resistant and with side pockets
 Practical and pretty-it has my vote!




Carrying a pink canvas bag with leather trim
 I usually carry a smaller bag,
 but this one is not overwhelming on me for a tote
 It is great in the summer for shopping,
 and when I need to carry more things than usual 


This is one of the most fun scarves in my collection
It is candy pink with a print of 1950s fashion girls
In the cutest outfits!
It is not vintage, but rather about vintage


Some more summer accessories-
 a white 1950s vintage expansion bracelet,
 a wide white braided belt
 and simple silver tone textured dome shaped stud earrings


Wearing natural tan leather cork sole wedge sandals
with criss cross straps
 They are getting a little worn, but still presentable
Since they are the most comfortable shoes on the planet
 they will not be retired yet, I wish I could clone them!



More stripes!
For this outfit I am wearing a bright and bold multicolor
 print shift dress, that you may recognize
I wore it for my Labor Day post at the end of last summer, 
 with a white denim jacket over it, and short beige cowboy boots 

This hot summer day, I am wearing the dress by itself in all its bright, bolds, striped glory!





Accessorizing with a white, rectangular
 chain strap cross body bag with whip stitch detail



Keeping my jewelry minimal with a chunky gold tone bangle,
 and chain link earrings
 Wearing a navy blue and white polka dot scarf in my hair
to add a little bit more fun summer detail



  White patent leather kitten heel T-straps to finish the outfit
Patent leather is so big on shoes this season
I'm not sure yet if I am crazy about it,
but I hope it stays around awhile





An outfit with a subtle two tone stripe blouse
from a summer past: 2020





Hope you all enjoy your week!



 

4 comments:

Laura B said...

That first outfit is absolutely adorable! I love the soft blue and pink pastel shades paired together! Such a beautiful and classic looK!

Sally in St Paul said...

Both dresses are so cute and wonderfully styled here. I seriously love a striped item of just about any kind!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I do like stripes a lot! They are also the best print for print mixing! Great summer looks Di!

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love your striped dresses! The pink scarf is so cute, such an unusual print. Thanks for linking!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com