Monday, August 26, 2024

Labor Day is on it's Way!


Hello, welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog!

It is hard to believe another summer
 will soon be coming to a close
 I hope it was an enjoyable one for you and your loved ones!
 I also hope everyone has a lovely long holiday weekend
 with all of your favorite things,
 before the school year is in full swing
 Life will very soon kick into high autumn gear,
with the wonderful warm sunny weather
 and summer activities behind us
Do you have any special plans for this
end of summer weekend?

I'm not quite sure what we will be doing,
 but Roger and I have at least one of our outfits
 planned for the holiday

 I thought this casual denim dress with a utilitarian feel
  would be perfect to wear over the Labor Day weekend 
In keeping with the color theme of the holiday 
 I choose red, white and blue accessories



This dress is a very stiff denim
I think I will put it though the wash a few times 
in hopes of softening it up a bit


Here's my sidekick in a bright and festive sky blue multicolor paisley shirt and khakis


Said sidekick has discovered the camera remote!


Some of my accessories include a wide red leather belt
 and a nautical themed scarf for my hair


For jewelry I choose a silver tone hinged bar bracelet,
 textured silver tone hoop earrings,
 and a very special 1940s vintage Lucite brooch
 in red, white and blue
 It is two ships in 3-D, on a circular disc,
and is one of my favorites


Carrying my fun red drawstring pouch handle bag


Wearing two tone tan Maryjane slides with low block heels


Enjoying what will probably be the last
 fresh local watermelon of the season-
I will miss it!


Hope you have a great holiday
 if you celebrate,
 and a wonderful weekend for everyone!


 

5 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

You and your sidekick both look great in your holiday outfits! I hope that denim dress does soften up with some more washing so it's more comfortable to wear. Have a great holiday weekend!

Laura B said...

That is such a great denim dress! I love how you accessorized it with the red, too. Hope you have a wonderful week and weekend!

mireille said...

I love that your hubby is taking some pictures with you! I have a denim dress that I want to wear as a jacket once it cools off. It is a little fitted as a dress but will be perfect as a layer!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love the denim dress, it looks fab with the red accessories! Thanks for linking!

Emma xxx
https://www.style-splash.com/

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

You and Roger will both look fabulous. Love the way you've styled the denim dress, with the pops of red. Hope you enjoy Labor Day.