Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Crayola Crayon Box Outfit

Hello, welcome to my blog,
and thanks so much for stopping by today
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!

In keeping with another tradition,
today the grocery store started to roll out
 all of the foods containing pumpkin  
Pumpkin spice cookies went right into my cart,
the first of many yummy pumpkin items for fall!
 

Lots of bright color today, 
(nothing new or novel there)-but what will it be?
 Oh the indecision...so many possibilities
Red, blue, green?...how about all three!
I think I'll just call this my Crayola crayon outfit
 and look like a walking box of crayons today,
in honor of the back-to-school season! 
 

 This is truly a classic outfit
but I added my stamp to it, 
 by ramping it up with color, color and more color!
Wearing these pieces in the (not quite) fall for this post,
 but they could pretty much be worn during any season,
 with a few little tweaks
I love mix and match pieces
they are such versatile wardrobe staples,
and are especially valuable for the bridge seasons
These items get a lot more wear in my wardrobe
 than items that can only work for summer or winter 

Wearing a lightweight royal blue blazer
 with all over embroidery
 layered over a bright red sheath dress


Chatty post, this one
Did you know there are currently
  120 Crayola crayon colors?
This includes 23 shades of red,
 20 shades of green and 19 shades of blue
That is a lot of choices,
truly a rendition for everybody!


Royal, Scarlet and Kelly


Adding a little splash of green
 with my embossed handle bag 
and green belt (that got left out of this picture)



For jewelry, I chose a bold gold tone wrap bracelet
 and dome earrings
 These chunky pieces have an eighties throwback feel,
 that is so popular right now


Adding one of my favorite vintage Vera silk scarves
 This one is a riot of shapes and colors,
 in two shades of blue, plus green, red and mustard gold



For shoes I picked out patent, embossed
 red Maryjanes with chunky heels 



Hope everyone has a bright and sunny week!







 

3 comments:

Laura B said...

I love the bold color blocked effect of your outfit and accessories! I had no idea about all of those crayola colors! I hope you are having a great night!

Anonymous said...

Lovely bright colours Di. They really suit you. Hope to see you on Chicandstylish this week. Jacqui x

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

These colors are so harmonious and classy! Combining bright colors can sometimes make you look like a children's TV presenter, but not in your hands. I love the scarf!