Monday, July 27, 2026

Y2K Denim Dress

 Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog today!

I have really been reeling through the decades
 the past couple of weeks with my outfits!
 Last week I posted a 1940's look 
and this week I am wearing a retro Y2K dress



This light wash denim dress is from Lucky Brand
 It's hard to believe it has been in my closet since
 the early 2000's! I wore it a lot back then
and have many happy memories from that time wearing it
It is such a cute dress with lots of fun details
and an adjustable waist with a sash belt
 I think I will pass it on,
 because a lot of women in their 20's now are really into Y2K
Many of them love thrifting and buying second hand fashion
for it's uniqueness, the fact that a lot of these items are
 much better made than what is being turned out today
and to limit consumption. And also to save money
I am very happy to see a new generation
  joining this movement!
 


I have heard that if you wore a fashion the first time around    you are too old to wear it when it comes back around
I do not subscribe to that fashion rule
 For one reason, trends are cycling back so fast
with fewer and fewer years in between
 and for another, with the right accessories classic items can certainly look modern again

 What do you think about this fashion rule?



This is one of my favorite new bags
 I got for Christmas last year
 I just love the bold red and white stripes
and contrasting navy blue handle



A few accessories for this casual outfit
A red and white striped seersucker headband
with an asymmetrical bow, and some silver tone jewelry
 Silver tone seemed right
 with this light wash of denim 


Adding an interesting scarf around my neck
 This one has four quadrants with two different patterns,
 a large and small polka dot, and a large and small paisley print


Wearing my white lace sneakers
 to finish this casual look 



 Out shopping I have been noticing back to school banners everywhere. It makes me a little sad for the K through 12 kids who are reminded already of their school supply list and new clothes for the fall academic season so soon!

Hope you are enjoying your summer!














No comments: