Hello, and thanks for joining me today!
I am on a quest to explore how to creatively wear
more of the clothes already in my closet
Like many women, I want to wear
what I already have more often,
and be less dependent on trend cycles
I have a lot of clothes that I like,
and have been holding onto for many seasons
I am glad I have kept most of these items,
as they are classics
that come around again and again,
or never really go out of style
They are what I like and feel good in,
and also feel like myself in,
which is not necessarily the trend of the moment!
Not that I don't like trends,
they keep fashion moving and fresh
I want to be more thoughtful about what I choose,
and not have a closet full of clothes
that I pass over, don't really love,
or came and went in one season
My outfit today is somewhat unusual for me
I have had this red duster coat hanging
in the back of my closet and though I love it,
I generally have trouble styling a longer jacket like this
The piece is a substantial weight cotton,
but it's purpose seems to be part of an outfit,
and not outerwear
It is a straight style, and in a color I love-red!
What are you wearing to navigate the autumn bridge season?
If you participate in, or follow Nancy and Shelbee's
style challenge, you will notice that you saw this outfit
in the duster prompt this month
The rest of the outfit is built around the jacket,
with a white ribbed top layered underneath
On the bottom, are khaki, straight leg ankle length trousers
This outfit seems just right for moving into the fall season
For a bag, I chose my '60s black leather satchel,
with curved handles
The jewelry is oxidized silver
A vintage double link chain necklace,
and current square-round stud earrings
with a wide, curved, cuff bracelet
More accessories to add interest
to this tailored, classic outfit
A Burberry style plaid scarf,
and black leather belt with silver rectangular buckle
For shoes, I added a little pizzazz,
with my two tone cherry red and black
patent leather sling back kitten heels
No comments:
Post a Comment