Sunday, March 6, 2022

Tommy Girl Stripes


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Today I thought I would share a few things in my wardrobe 
by the designer Tommy Hilfiger
(This is not an advertisement for the brand BTW,
just combing my closet and noticing what's there!) 

 I  have a number of pieces by this American designer  
 His label is known for it's classic American style,
 and two signatures of the line are a red, white and blue color scheme,
 and lots of colorful stripes 
It's easy to see why I gravitate toward pieces from this label,
since it uses one of my favorite color combinations
as well as favorite pattern!

Wearing a red and navy blue Tommy Hilfiger striped jersey midi dress
This casual dress has an athleisure wear look to it,
 made even more so with a vertical blue and white racing stripe running down the side seams
I will definitely have to style this with sneakers in the future-
the dress just calls out for them!
Layering a navy blue blazer over the dress today 




Carrying a red patent leather baguette clutch
with a bold silver tone bar detail


For accessories, I chose a silver tone multi band open cuff bracelet, 
star shaped stud earrings and a cute dog brooch that I don't wear often enough 
The brooch is so adorable and I have fond memories attached to it
I have had it since a vacation I took on summer break during college,
to the Outer Banks of North Carolina
I bought the brooch at a little boutique as a remembrance of the holiday
What makes it even more special is that it is hand made,
and is rendered from a recycled license plate
I wonder where the artisan who crafted it is today...   


Finishing the outfit with navy blue block heel sling backs
for a very matchy-matchy look!
 


Another outfit with stripes 
This time, a navy and white striped blazer layered over a classic
 Tommy Hilfiger sleeveless flared skirt dress
This dress is a bright raspberry pink, although it looks red in the photo
 


For jewelry with this outfit, I chose gold tone pieces
A "D" initial chunky chain necklace, hinged bracelet
and embossed teardrop shaped stud earrings


Carrying a navy blue chain strap, quilted bag


Really accessorized this outfit up!
Blue embossed belt and bright pink and white scarf in my hair


Same shoes as the first outfit
I wear this comfortable style a lot
Sling backs work well for me, especially if the back strap
is adjustable or elastic, since I have narrow feet



Stripes are a long time favorite pattern of mine, I wear them frequently
and my closet is full of them! 
Here is a stripes on stripes outfit from late winter, 2019


Hope everyone has a good week!







9 comments:

Mica said...

I love that second outfit especially! It does look so red in the photo but I have a raspberry pink dress that photographs too so I know just what kind of colour it is in real life and I think it's such a nice shade! I like how you've worn it here :)

Hope that you had a good weekend! Was a hot and sunny one here :)

Away From The Blue

Lovely said...

Stripes are timeless wardrobe essentials! Love all these outfits!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Stripes are always good! They often set me in a holiday mood! That red purse is gorgeous too!

Sally in St Paul said...

As a fellow aficionado of stripes and the navy/red/white color scheme, I loved these looks!

Laura B said...

I love these patriotic outfits! They have a slightly nautical vibe! That striped blazer is such a gorgeous piece!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Three great looks. I love seeing stripes, so jaunty and cheerful. And red in particular lends itself so well to stripes. Nice TH collection!

Jo Rashi said...

Stripes look great on you dear...lovely looks :-)
Beauty and Fashion/Rampdiary/Glamansion

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

Wonderful, classic outfits! Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com

mummabstylish said...

Very nice looks, love that first dress - very chic. Thanks for sharing on my link up today. Jacqui x