Sunday, February 27, 2022

Pearly 80's Retro style sweater


Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog!

There has been a lot of vintage influence from several decades
 trending in fashion for the past few years
Today I'm focusing on the 80's
The comeback of defined shoulders after a long hiatus, 
along with special sleeve treatments of all sorts 
are looks borrowed from the over the top fashion of the 80's 
Other "new" trends from this decade-high waisted jeans and trousers,
 neon and super bright and saturated colors!

Today I am featuring two outfits incorporating a pullover
 with a throwback 80's feel to it, into very wearable looks
 (without the high drama of the decade) 
My sweater is a light tan color with trademark 80's puffed sleeve caps,
  a diamond pattern embroidered stitch, and clusters of tiny faux pearls
Worn over a classic brown and tan geometric print jersey wrap dress  
 


Carrying my red heart ❤️ shaped bag for a splash of primary color


For jewelry, I chose a 70's vintage open faux tortoise shell cuff bracelet 
and cute pearl encrusted owl earrings


Wearing brown and tan reptile embossed sling back 
Mary Janes to finish the look



Another outfit with this fun, embellished  pullover
This time paired with tailored ivory color ankle crop trousers 




Accessorizing with a heart motif pendent necklace
 a 50's vintage aqua diamond shaped link bracelet
and pearl stud earrings
 

Carrying a black and white pleated fabric clutch bag 
with a heart and polka dot print 


Nude with black toe cap sling back spectators
to complete the outfit



Pearls are classic and timeless,
 and pearl embellishments are trending big this winter and into spring
I don't have many clothing items decorated with pearls,
 with the exception of this sweater and a bag,
but I do have a collection of vintage pearl jewelry
I don't wear these often, 
but this may be a good time to bring some of them out of the jewelry box!

The pair of 1950's elephant scatter pins were a sweet gift from my husband,
the wishbone brooch, also from the 50's, belonged to my grandmother 
The little flower petal stud earrings with the pearl centers were given to me by my mother,
and I wore the dainty double strand pearl bracelet on the right to my wedding
The rest of these pearls were acquired from vintage and antique shops
 My husband and I used to like to dress up for big band and swing dance events-
that's how we meet in 1991 
I wore the dainty double strand pearl bracelet on the right to my wedding
Lots of fond memories attached to these pearls


Hope everyone has a great week!





 

6 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I love thos Mary Janes, such a elegant design! Love both outfits!

Jessica Jannenga said...

What wonderful pearl pieces! I love those two tones pumps, beautiful!
I always look at the pearl tops sweaters, but dont have one. I need to remedy that! I love thi elegant sweater on you! So smart . Both outfits are lovely, the trousers look wonderful on you!
thanks for linking!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Laura B said...

That sweater is so pretty! You really can't go wrong with pearls!

Carol Benton said...

I love both of these looks. Pearls never go out of style, and the sweater is lovely! I especially like the red, heart-shaped bag for a pop of color.
Carol
www.scribblingboomer.com

Mica said...

This is such a cute knit on you and you wear it so well! I really like the pop of red in your first outfit as well and I admire how well you layered there! :)

Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope that you are having a good weekend :) Another sunny day here thankfully, helping things dry out after the floods!

Away From The Blue

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

Very stylish outfits! I love the red heart bag. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com